Tagged: ,

• Writing Challenge #1: Emotions

buddyscalera updated 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 3 Posts
  • Underscore

November 15, 2021 at 8:31 pm
    make icon 20 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

Greetings all! My name is Shelby,

Let’s talk about Emotions! While many of us would rather keep to ourselves regarding how we feel, emotions in writing are very important, in both comics and books. How we describe a scene, or a characters actions all portray the feel of the scene, or how we want the reader to feel when looking at or reading a page. You wouldn’t use bright and colorful words to describe a funeral, and you wouldn’t use dark and eerie words to describe a happy event, right? So here is my challenge for you today, fellow writers!

Choose two emotions, any at all: Happy & Angry, Upset & Confusion(I consider it an emotion), etc, and write a short story that combines those two emotions in ways that are creative. Have fun with this challenge, there is no right or wrong way to do this! The real challenge is challenging yourself to push the limits of your creativity! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

@buddyscalera @MisterAnderSiN

• Underscore

November 15, 2021 at 8:38 pm
    make icon 20 Forum Points

I’ve found a very helpful website as well!

https://perchance.org/emotion

If you need a hand with which emotions to use for this challenge!

Enjoy!

• buddyscalera

Administrator
    November 16, 2021 at 6:15 am
    make icon 96 Forum Points

Welcome to the forums, @Underscore – That is a really clever emotion generator. Nice find. Thank you for sharing.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now