Warning: Attempt to read property "post_parent" on null in /homepages/26/d225668975/htdocs/CBSCreate/wp-content/plugins/buddyboss-platform/bp-forums/functions.php on line 841
Working for Free…at the Superbowl - Main Forum - Create @ Comic Book School

Forums Forums Main Forum Working for Free…at the Superbowl

Tagged: ,

Warning: Attempt to read property "post_parent" on null in /homepages/26/d225668975/htdocs/CBSCreate/wp-content/plugins/buddyboss-platform/bp-forums/functions.php on line 841
  • mr-andersin

January 26, 2022 at 6:42 am
    make icon Makes 0
    make icon 80 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

I think every Experience in life comes with a benefit.

• andyseabert

January 26, 2022 at 8:05 pm
    make icon Makes 7
    make icon 22 Forum Points

In this situation and in my opinion, these “volunteers” are being used as a trained crowd for the halftime show and as such should be at least getting an hourly minimum wage…i.e. extras in a movie or tv show.

The choreographer’s response sounds mostly like justification and conscience cleansing than anything else. Also, volunteering is something you do to help out a friend, charity, organization, or community. It’s not something you do for Pepsi and the NFL who stand to make ridiculous profits from one night.

As far as artists being paid, if there’s an intent to make money, an upfront salary offer, profit sharing, or back end pay should be part of the deal/plan.

If it’s for learning, fun, or the hell of it, there’s plenty of gray space to make choices based on the given situation.

Again, just my opinion. Cheers. 🙂

• videogamingtalkblog

January 26, 2022 at 10:05 pm
    make icon Makes 6
    make icon 123 Forum Points

as someone who has a theater background both on stage and behind the scenes, I see this as a publicity stunt more than anything, upwards of nine hours of practice should be compensated accordingly. Like Andy said, those who “volunteer” should be compensated with a minimum wage to start because getting to and from a venue is not easy. 72 hours of unpaid work for a half time show is laughable. If anything, if the organizers then shouldn’t pay anyone to perform in the half time show if the dancers are not getting paid. Also the half time show runs between 20-30 minutes long… over 9 days, upwards of 9 hour long practices, 3 days of unpaid work, provide own transportation, I’d say the free publicity isn’t worth it.