Forums Forums Main Forum What’s the best comic you read in 2021? Why?

• What’s the best comic you read in 2021? Why?

redheadeded updated 2 weeks ago 4 Members · 9 Posts
  • thesurrealari

January 1, 2022 at 2:13 am
    make icon 10 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

What’s the best comic you read this year? Mainstream? Indie? It doesn’t matter. The only rule is that it can’t be a comic you were involved in creating.

Let’s build those reading lists.

• -_-

January 3, 2022 at 3:47 am
    make icon 20 Forum Points

Continuum COMiX Presents HEROiX, Showcased my Diversity as a Writer

• thesurrealari

January 5, 2022 at 9:41 am

The post asked for a comic in which you were NOT involved with the creative team. Do you have a comic that you would recommend that you were not involved with writing or publishing?

• philipspace

January 5, 2022 at 10:05 pm
    make icon 69 Forum Points

Honestly, it was a Savage Sword of Conan tpb. I’d forgotten how fun those were.

• thesurrealari

January 12, 2022 at 9:38 am

I hear you. I read a lot of those old TBRs. I particularly enjoyed a Shang Chi epic collection TBR I read before I saw the movie. I think often older work is unfairly criticized for not following current, en-vogue styles, but there is a lot of good stuff there, especially in terms of storytelling and scope.

• redheadeded

Administrator
    January 10, 2022 at 12:57 am
    make icon 63 Forum Points

I loved Apocalypse Blvd that Buddy Scalera, man he’s great. 😉

I also enjoyed the Continum that I got thru Kick Starter, OH and Legends of the Realm, and finally Painkiller Jane.

But I gotta say of all the comics I read last year the one I reference the most was ‘the Wrong Earth’ that I bought at NYCC from Jamal Igle.

It is my new favorite Indie comics (as I haven’t had the money to buy from the stores this year) it was a treat to discover all the kickstarters from the Community.

Keep it up guys this year is gonna be even better!

D. Alley, the RedheadedEd

• thesurrealari

January 12, 2022 at 9:40 am

I enjoyed The Wrong Earth as well. I read the first TBP, and the second one is near the top of my TBR. If you’ve been following Ahoy! on social, they’re planning some major things with that title. I’m looking forward to it all.

• thesurrealari

January 12, 2022 at 9:48 am

The best comic I read this year was Grideon Falls, Volume 5, Wicked Worlds, by Jeff Lemire and Andrea Sorrentino. I enjoyed the whole 6-TBR run, although I thought the ending was a bit cliched and therefore disappointing.

I also enjoyed The Wrong Earth, Shang Chi (vol 2 epic collection), as mentioned above.

I do want to highlight the LOKI trade paperback collection which Marvel released concurrent with the Disney+ show as well, which was an excellent introduction to the character. It has stories ranging from the 60’s to the early 2000s.

Sarah, by Garth Ennis (TKO graphic novel) was excellent as well.

• redheadeded

Administrator
      January 12, 2022 at 11:06 am
      make icon 63 Forum Points

Excellent, well I now have a bunch of new cool things on my list to read for this year. 😉

D. Alley

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 replies

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now