• What is something that you do that makes your life easier when creating comics?

philipspace updated 1 week, 4 days ago 2 Members · 4 Posts
  • Underscore

November 18, 2021 at 3:09 am
    make icon 20 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

What is something that you do that makes your life easier when creating comics?

For me, it’s tagging all the characters and locations used in a chapter at the beginning of the document that way I can easily search for them in google docs.

For example, I will put “*Nox *Weber #Astral” This is beyond helpful for me when I go through and have to change anything regarding that character or location while editing. 🙂

• philipspace

November 18, 2021 at 4:47 am
    make icon 69 Forum Points

That’s a clever solution! Nice!

For me it’s been mostly keeping an eye out for what kinds of references that I’ll need. Having a camera at all times has been extremely handy, but beyond that creating a “swipe file” that i can access as I’m trying to build a scene is invaluable. Usually I will keep them in a separate Clipstudio program so that I can share images across devices easily, or print them out and post them above my artboard.

• Underscore

November 18, 2021 at 5:14 am
      make icon 20 Forum Points

That sounds really useful! My wife uses Clip Studio to do the art for our comic, I’m sure she could benefit from that as well! Is it cloud based? 🙂

• philipspace

November 18, 2021 at 5:24 am
        make icon 69 Forum Points

Some kind of cloud, yes.

If she goes to “Manage Works” in the Clipstudio tab there is an option for uploading files to their cloud, which makes switching between devices (like ipad to desktop computer) handy, as well as sharing files with members of a project team.

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now