Forums Forums Main Forum What are you EXPECTATIONS from this Community?

• What are you EXPECTATIONS from this Community?

Mr.AnderSiN updated 11 hours, 40 minutes ago 9 Members · 21 Posts
  • -_-

January 3, 2022 at 3:21 am
    make icon 20 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

What are you Looking for FROM this Community?

Are you looking for connections?

A Sounding Board?

SPEAK UP!!! This INFO is so we can cultivate the EXPERIENCE you want as a member of this community, silence will result in you missing out.

What would you like us to TEACH at community meetings- which will return this YEAR, official date is to be announced soon so stay tuned.

• -_-

January 3, 2022 at 3:35 am

I Want to Connect with Fellow Creators- And continue my EDUCATION of COMiX/COmics.

• mikedoestheart

Administrator
    January 3, 2022 at 3:53 am

I want to make lasting relationships with fellow creatives and I want to LEARN about new strategies, opportunities and tools that will allow me to continue on this creative journey for as long as I want to be here!

• -_-

January 3, 2022 at 10:05 pm

A good reason to be here

• Glen

January 3, 2022 at 7:32 am
    make icon 19 Forum Points

Considering the Pandemic and some family crises I have gone to that many convention which is where I meet artist, writers, and other creators. I would like to continue using this to meet more creators. I would see more projects like the Anthology come from CBS.

• -_-

January 3, 2022 at 10:04 pm

Stay tuned…

• kpei137

January 5, 2022 at 6:08 am

I want to learn how to pitch my comics, if I expand and branch out I want to know how to pitch my comics to a wider audience

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 1 day ago by  kpei137.
    • redheadeded

Administrator
      January 10, 2022 at 12:44 am
      make icon 63 Forum Points

This sounds like a fun topic! We should make sure to cover this soon.

Also to whom do you plan to pitch to? A creation team? a Publisher? or the End Consumer?

Thanks,

D. Alley, the RedheadedEd

• kpei137

January 10, 2022 at 12:52 am

As of right now, I was thinking Boom studios or Scout comics(think this is an imprint of a larger company but if I do my own signings out I promote my own comics I want to be able to sell and promote them in a way that is understandable to a wider audience

• kpei137

January 5, 2022 at 6:35 am

also being a tech person and wanting to do more videos, I would also like a run through of stream yards, I think that would be useful for branching out also

• philipspace

January 5, 2022 at 10:17 pm
    make icon 69 Forum Points

What I’m looking for is a combination of mutual encouragement, critique, and counsel from fellow creators. Having access to the knowledge and experience of industry professionals is a big plus, but from what I’ve seen everybody involved has thus far had something to offer.

Cross and self promotion are also invaluable. I’m trying to think of ways to boost the forums (and youtube channel) that will help grow and diversify the community creatively, producing collaborative stories above and beyond the anthology that can benefit all involved.

• redheadeded

Administrator
      January 10, 2022 at 12:46 am

Philip, this is an awesome way to look at Comic Book School, do you feel we as a community are helping you in this way are there other ways we can help fill in the educational gaps and promote each others projects ?

Thanks,

• philipspace

January 11, 2022 at 10:56 pm
        make icon 69 Forum Points

@redheadeded as far as I’m concerned this community has been great, and when it has come to real-world commitment of time and talent I’ve seen the people here step up in ways that I have often found surprising and not just a little impressive.

I’m hoping that I personally can transition to a position where I can help out more too, but I recognize that the next six to eight months are going to be a struggle with my wife going in for open-heart surgery in February. How that’s going to play out remains to be seen.

The thing that keeps me moving forward, and what I have found most valuable and helpful of all, has been working on clearly defined projects, whether it’s solo or as a team. It’s all too easy to fall into the malaise of our day-to-day activity with no real direction, but having that goal to work toward or target to aim at… you find yourself planning out how to anticipate and overcome obstacles that you didn’t know you could solve. The fact that we can look back on what’s already been accomplished so far and acknowledge that it simply wouldn’t have happened without, say, you creating a calendar for instance, or Buddy starting up a website, or any of the multitudes of contributions that have been made by this wacky all-volunteer group should be proof and certainly encouragement enough to keep pushing one another ahead.

I believe that, as long as we can continue to provide the wind at each others backs, we will continue to propel each other further than any of us ever would have guessed.

• redheadeded

Administrator
    January 10, 2022 at 12:50 am

I am looking for a tribe of people I can talk to and learn from. I have been living alone thru the pandemic and it is nice to have people to check in with..

As I struggle daily with producing work (especially that I can be proud of!) this community pushes me to be accountable. And I would love to find a new way thru this platform to have round table writing discussions and group art critiques.

I am learning from everyone here and I can’t thank you all enough for your expertise, diverse points of view and friendship. 😉

Thank you all!

• kpei137

January 10, 2022 at 12:54 am

I am always down to have a round table discussion, my days are pretty open that I can jump on and talk shop

• redheadeded

Administrator
        January 12, 2022 at 5:27 am

@kpei137 Thanks for your response!

I am looking for like a monthly/by-montly type REGULAR mtg. Something I can plan into my schedule when possible. One where the people working on projects can chat see each other (at least digitally) in real time. In order to review the type(s) of work presented each month… like an Art School Critic or a Writers Round Table, and colors and letters so on and so forth..

I take on a lot here at CBS to get things moving and push for everyone to have opportunities in our community and learn to make comics, I am hoping others can step up and get more things moving as my plate is full. I am interested to see who can get things done, as I would love to participate for once.

Thanks,

D. Alley, the RedheadedEd.

• Vince

January 10, 2022 at 1:38 am
    make icon 19 Forum Points

It be great to get work with fellow writers, as I’m an artist.

Also periodic posts for WFH type jobs, good ‘ol freelance is fine with me, along with formal submissions, and all other types of independent publishing or printing. thanks

• redheadeded

Administrator
      January 12, 2022 at 7:27 am

Hey Vince,

Buddy is working on Boards specifically for this purpose I am sure they will roll out soon if they are not open already. Definetly a good idea cause great minds think alike.

😉 D. Alley, the RedheadedEd

• RICHelDIOS

January 18, 2022 at 6:06 am

I would like to learn what supplies/tools I need to invest in order to take my art into the digital age. Currently all I have is a printer that scans. I have some sketch books and random pencils, pens, inks.

I also would like this community to be a place to share my artwork & creations with others getting a critique, because that’s the only way I’ll get better at art & writing.

I’m pretty sure most people in this forum are light years ahead of me when it come to this industry.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  RICHelDIOS.
  • Mr.AnderSiN

January 26, 2022 at 7:35 pm
    make icon 75 Forum Points

Great Feedback let’s keep it coming…

Viewing 1 - 11 of 11 replies

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now