Forums Forums Writer’s Roundtable Welcome to the Writer's Roundtable

• Welcome to the Writer's Roundtable

• james-mcgill

August 6, 2021 at 2:05 am

Hello,

You have found your way to the Comic Book School’s writer’s hangout known as the Writer’s Roundtable. We have put this here in order to give everybody a place to discuss writing, stories, fictional worlds, characters, books, movies, etc. Do you have a story you want a critique about? Do you have a book you are reading (comic or regular) that you want to just rave about? Want to compare the themes of Sin City with the themes of the Dark Knight Returns? Post it and start up a conversation. Please note you are not tethered to comic books here. You can talk about any type of story be it written, drawn, or filmed. This is a place for conversation and inspiration. I firmly believe that stories aren’t written in a bubble. Stories need collaboration in order to be the best they can. So please, let’s help each other out and enjoy ourselves.

Now for the Rules:

#1. Constructive Criticism only. If you don’t like a story or idea, explain why. Any criticism that is not backed up with a reason, will be penalized if not deleted.

#2. Any stories posted here belong to the writer. Comic Book School stakes no claim or ownership of any original or unoriginal fiction posted here.

#3. No stealing. If it is discovered that a story is posted and credit is not attributed to the original writer, the post will be taken down. So no posting work you didn’t make yourself unless you give credit to the owner.

#4: No spoilers of any kind on anything that’s been out for less than 6 months. Please only post your reactions not specific details about new media that just came out. I don’t want this board turning into twitter. As River Song said “Spoilers!”
    Rules To be continued….

That is all. Thank you for coming and I hope you enjoy this part of the site.

-Comic Book School Volunteers

• This discussion was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  james-mcgill. Reason: New Rule thought of
  • MisterAnderSiN

August 6, 2021 at 6:06 pm
    make icon 68 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

A good topic would be new Releases Like Sucicde Sqaudthat used a method of telling multiple stories in one film using flashbacks. It was actually really well done and played out like an Oceans 11 movie with a superhero( sort of ) twist.

• james-mcgill

August 10, 2021 at 7:07 am

@MisterAnderSiN thank you, you have just pointed out another rule needed.
      Rule #4: No spoilers of any kind on anything that’s been out for less than 6 months. Please only post your reactions not specific details about new media that just came out. I don’t want this board turning into twitter. As River Song said “Spoilers!”

Good sir, i haven’t seen Suicide Squad yet and I have reached that point in my life where I actually need to go into movies without having seen anything because otherwise, I can piece together what the whole movie is about and what happens just from three previews. All thanks to the god long hours of tv and movies I’ve watched. I have ruined the movie going experience for myself. If anyone has a way to give me some brain damage so I can’t do this anymore, I would be grateful.

Anyway, thank you sir. You are correct, that would make a good topic.

James

• buddyscalera

Administrator
    August 7, 2021 at 5:34 pm
    make icon 103 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

I like this.

Also, I agree with @MisterAnderSiN – Using something current makes it easier to get people involved.

Let’s do this!

Tagging @maryamsmarkers @mywritinghero @jeff-rider @thesurrealari @krisburgos

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now