Warning: Attempt to read property "post_parent" on null in /homepages/26/d225668975/htdocs/CBSCreate/wp-content/plugins/buddyboss-platform/bp-forums/functions.php on line 841
Welcome New Creators from 2021 – Introduce yourself here - Main Forum - Create @ Comic Book School

Forums Forums Main Forum Welcome New Creators from 2021 – Introduce yourself here

• Welcome New Creators from 2021 – Introduce yourself here

Posted by buddyscalera on October 30, 2021 at 10:38 pm

Following NYCC 2021, we have had a lot of new creators sign up. Welcome.

Here’s a place to introduce yourself. Tell us what comics you love. Tell us what kinds of comic books you want to make.

If you are an artist, feel free to post 2-3 images. If you are a writer or an artist, you can also post a link to your website or social media.

buddyscalera replied 1 month, 2 weeks ago 10 Members · 29 Replies
  • 29 Replies

Warning: Attempt to read property "post_parent" on null in /homepages/26/d225668975/htdocs/CBSCreate/wp-content/plugins/buddyboss-platform/bp-forums/functions.php on line 841
  • eldios

January 18, 2022 at 6:30 am
    make icon Makes 0
    make icon 25 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

What’s Up,

My name is Rich. I don’t know if I should be using this thread to introduce myself since it’s from last year, but heeeere I goooo. I’m a rapper & visual artist (painter, I used to be a tagger long ago). I don’t know exactly how I came across the Comic Book School. I think I was just Googling “how to publish your own comic book” & I think the YouTube channel might’ve popped up. Since a preteen comic books have been my “happy place” & have made me the man that I am today. Comic books single handily spurred my creativity. I’ve been drawing since a toddler, but the Marvel comics of the 90’s really inspired me.

Comics that I've always loved: X-Men, Spider-man, Punisher, Moonknight (I'm hyped for this upcoming series), The Hulk (Dr. Banner &amp; the StarJammers were some of my favorite comics), Wolverine, &amp; Spawn. More currently I've been reading Spawn &amp; Killadelphia, though this was all pre-pandemic. I haven't read anything since Summer 2020. <br />

I aspire to write and illustrate comics. I AM A NOVICE, A ROOKIE, A AMATEUR. I have no idea how to get into the comics book industry. I know from my cousin who is an art design teacher that I need to invest in products to transfer my art into the digital form, BUT LOL I do not know what to buy. Right now I have a printer that scans.

I typed a lot. So here’s a few pics of art. I REALLY suck at hands, feet, & matter of fact the whole body below the face (faces are my thing).

• glen

January 19, 2022 at 6:11 am
    make icon Makes 6
    make icon 24 Forum Points

Hello
    I am Glen Gottilla and I am a writer looking for people to collaborate with others on science fiction, horror or fantasy. I have contributed some Flash Fiction to Comic book Schools Second Anthology, ‘Panel 2’. I wrote a cute little story about a copyright safe knock off of Batboy, a Bigfoot, a clone of the young hot Elvis and the ghost of the tabloid journalist. It is called the “Consequences of Journalism and the Changing Times”
    This year I would like to contribute a short comic to the next anthology so I am looking to work with artists, Inkers, Letterers and Editors. The best way to contact to me is via Twitter, Facebook (I know I am old) and on Comicbook School. I have attached a link to the Anthology so check my everything that is in it.

https://twitter.com/Glenthegottilla
    https://www.facebook.com/GlenTGottilla
    https://www.comicbookschool.com/press-comic-book-school-publishes-second-anthology/

• glen

January 19, 2022 at 6:17 am
    make icon Makes 6
    make icon 24 Forum Points

I need to work on my social media/ Messageboarding. Also I need some Editors in my life.

• mr-andersin

January 26, 2022 at 7:34 pm
    make icon Makes 0
    make icon 80 Forum Points

My Name is Mister AnderSiN I am

A PROUD COMiX ADVOCATE

An Even Prouder Daddy to an Autistic Lil boy Named Jaxx who inspires me to be a better soul.

A CREATOR of COMiX about FETISH MONSTER & MORE & trust that the More GROWS EVERYDAY!!!

I am a COMiX FIXER, Student of the COMiX/Comics INDUSTRY, LIFE LONG fan and even OWE my ability to read, to comics, TRUE STORY!

And I am Here to HELP other GROW and even run a publisher called CONTINUUM COMIX who Goal it is to unite as many creators together while entertaining readers with tales that will unlock their imagination.

Wanna know more just ask, needs Links to who I am and what I do check out my profile and click all the social ICONS.

Here is my CARD

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  mr-andersin.
    • This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  mr-andersin.
  • izmoney10000

January 27, 2022 at 12:37 am
    make icon Makes 3
    make icon 23 Forum Points

Israel Rodriguez all around art guy need help on a project let me know I want as much stuff as I can. Paid or not I just want projects. Here are my last 4 pieces done in the last 7-10 days.

• redoart97

March 9, 2022 at 12:25 am
    make icon Makes 0
    make icon 20 Forum Points

yo!

my name is Dereck Lauture I’ve been working hard trying to prove to myself that I can be a comic artist and have been looking for work and places to submit any advice is welcome.

here’s a link to my samples. https://www.derecklauture.com/portfolio/project-three-y6yp4https://www.derecklauture.com/portfolio/project-three-y6yp4

I’ll post some as well

• comic_unknown

March 16, 2022 at 2:28 am
    make icon Makes 0

My name is Jorge Alvarez, I used to run an indie comic book review blog called Comic Unknown. I began to write out a whole bunch of ideas a few years back and managed to flesh out a few of those into scripts. I still don’t have anything published yet but I’m already working on my first book which is a twist on zombie horror.

As for the other ideas they vary from a western revenge, children adventure story of a dog, a middle of the night alien invasion, and maybe three or four more stories that aren’t fleshed out yet.

• buddyscalera

Administrator
      March 18, 2022 at 4:24 am
      make icon Makes 8
      make icon 97 Forum Points

Nice to meet you, Jorge! Thank you for joining our message boards.

If you want to create a post with links to your work or your website, people will check them out.

• siromediaz

March 18, 2022 at 12:05 pm
    make icon Makes 0

Hello there! Nice to meet you all, My name is Samuel Diaz, and I’m a selftaught colorist looking for some work experience and projects to work or belong to! I studied management and was a professional musician as well.

I want to humbly share with you my artstation portfolio and will post some of my colorings right here 🙂

Hope you like it and contact me if you are interested in what I do.

Stay safe!

https://www.artstation.com/berkolor

• philipspace

March 18, 2022 at 3:31 pm
      make icon Makes 7
      make icon 74 Forum Points

@siromediaz welcome!

We are just kicking off our next community-created anthology for this year, and we’d love to encourage you to contribute.

That being said, to join a creative team simply reach out to the other creators here, and if there are any other creative friends you have, feel free to invite them to join in too.

I hope to see more of your work soon!

• siromediaz

March 18, 2022 at 10:23 pm
        make icon Makes 0

Thank you so much! I’ll be here when you guys need me 🙂

• bryan

March 26, 2022 at 3:26 am
    make icon Make 1

Sorry Buddy..I’m getting back on track…Worse Than The Zombie Apocalypse..OK..

• bryan

March 26, 2022 at 3:37 am
    make icon Make 1

1st issue to now 2nd… ( buddy check out Workhorse comics ) way back when I was trying to break in…he has the only on disk Nick Dean… An Nick Dean VRs The Child Eater…I do have my original… The Cosmos Bar….then star wars came out an i was foiled again..