Forums Forums Crypto & NFT Forums NFT & Crypto Class – Students Only Week 1: Welcome to the Class

• mikedoestheart

Administrator
    April 5, 2022 at 10:26 am
    make icon Makes 6
    make icon 114 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: member icon Forum Scion

@buddyscalera – when it comes to doing our forum postings, do you want us all to respond to the assignment in this thread for each week or to create our own sub-threads?

• evolver

April 7, 2022 at 5:27 am
    make icon Makes 6
    make icon 23 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

as requested, here is the forum post!

• mikedoestheart

Administrator
    April 8, 2022 at 11:59 pm
    make icon Makes 6
    make icon 114 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: member icon Forum Scion

I really pulled a lot from the supplementary videos – a lot of reinforcement of the web3 infrastructure and the history of bitcoin, as well as some tidbits I ended up researching further involving cold wallets vs hot wallets. found a few interesting NFT auctions as well and i’ve taken notes on what each user is bringing to the table with their NFT marketing angles.

a personal favorite: Gachapon | Foundation

• vince

April 10, 2022 at 2:45 am
    make icon Makes 0
    make icon 24 Forum Points

Interesting to see where the Smart Contract will take things. I think the entire Blockchain and all the different cryptos and tokens are like a big virtual vending machine – nothing happens without first transferring crypto $, or donating for free (swaps). There is a definite style to crypto art that has been headlined by artists like Beeple, etc. The actual value of NFT art and what you can do with it seems to be still unfolding.

• redheadeded

Administrator
    April 10, 2022 at 6:48 am
    make icon Makes 6
    make icon 68 Forum Points

hey guys,

I watched the videos and honestly this stuff scares the crap outta me. But I am hoping with more understanding I will feel less distrustful of the whole idea, but man using decentralized media and social media as examples of ‘what could be’ maybe not the best ideas since those things now make it so easy for scammers, echo chambers, fake news and misinformation to be rolled out to the masses in waves by bots and hackers. ?

Or is that just me?

Thanks,

D. Alley.

• vince

April 10, 2022 at 11:02 am
      make icon Makes 0
      make icon 24 Forum Points

Hey D. Alley,

The French have a saying: ‘plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose’

translated; the more things change..the more they stay the same…

Same amount of til-foil hat fake news, drink the Kool-aid and follow us over a cliff information going on on the Interwebs right now… no different as it muddies the Blockchain waters as well.

As you were.

• buddyscalera

Administrator
      April 10, 2022 at 9:06 pm
      make icon Makes 8
      make icon 97 Forum Points

I think it is essential to analyze all aspects of these Web 3, @redheadeded. It is kind of scary to think that certain platforms and processes are going to change.

For me, the scary part of this is not the technology, but the “tech bro” attitudes. There are already examples of people being scammed. There are a lot of unethical players out there, and this time they have money.

On a positive note, we’re doing what must be done. Specifically, educating ourselves to determine how or if we want to engage and participate. The side effect of learning is the possibility that we will be able to maximize opportunities, when they arise.

• sire64

April 11, 2022 at 5:15 am
      make icon Makes 0
      make icon 25 Forum Points

It’s absolutely terrifying.. but so was the Telegraph. Unfortunately, life is a series of adjustments and adaptations. Change is the only constant.

• sire64

April 11, 2022 at 5:11 am
    make icon Makes 0
    make icon 25 Forum Points

This is one of the best learning devices ive read (and it helps that its a comic book :-P). It’s by Josh Blaylock from Devils Due: