• Upcoming 2022 Visual Planning Meeting(s)

redheadeded updated 5 days, 2 hours ago 3 Members · 9 Posts
  • redheadeded

November 11, 2021 at 5:54 am
    make icon 64 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

We are going to have a 2021 Round up, and 2022 visual planning meeting here in the next week. If you want to be included in the graphic representation and creating the look of Comic Book School, or know other people that would like to join, and learn about the visual aspects of our community and branding, please let me know! I will be sending the invite to the virtual meeting later this week.

Thanks, D. Alley – the RedheadedEd

The first mtg on 11/18/21 -8PM EST: Went well, a recap was send to all participants, and those that could join had some great insights.
    – the Next Mtg will be set for early Dec. currently TBD.

– This is a invite only meeting, so please let me know if you are graphically inclided and want to be included.
    Thanks again, D. Alley – the RedheadedEd

• This discussion was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  redheadeded.
  • izmoney10000

November 11, 2021 at 7:52 am
    make icon 19 Forum Points

I would like to be in on this!

• Vince

November 16, 2021 at 3:10 am

hi D.Alley – message me anytime when you’re having the visual planning meeting

• redheadeded

November 16, 2021 at 5:30 am

Great! We are glad to have you guys!

I am scheduleing it for this week 8pm Thursday night, since this will be an offshoot meeting of the Council of the Willing, it will unfortunately not be recording so If you cannot make it at this time please let me know and I will follow up with you. 🙂

Ping me in the boards of by email if you dont’ get the calendar invite.

Thanks,

D. Alley, the RedheadedEd

• izmoney10000

November 19, 2021 at 2:33 pm

@redheadeded here is a youtube header I worked up after the meeting based on Giant-Size X-men 1 cover if yall want it let me know and I will email the file over

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  izmoney10000.
    • redheadeded

November 19, 2021 at 10:50 pm

That is awesome! Thank you for taking the initiative to make something new and very cool!

Notes back from your Visual Graphic Team Lead (or as they say in the industry AD = Art Director):

1. We do have to stick to an brand standard, which I think we will dive into more in the next meeting. Think of it like a pokemon, a squirtle doesn’t evolve into a Charizard. We have a look and we should be growning into new things but still be identifiable as CBS.
      2. Buddy and I both come from a marketing background and are pretty particular with the overall look of the graphics following a branded format so they can be recognizable as CBS. But while we have soildified the brand in the past year, we need it to grow from the recognisable format if that makes sense. We can take inspriation from Marvel and DC but we shouldn’t be so different that people don’t know we are comic book school …there is a build example I was working on below so you can get the idea.
      3. Also after these first couple meetings (mtgs) in 2021 we are goin to put a lot of these conversations in the Graphic Request Forum. While I would love to have more discussions about the look of things in the Main Forum, a lot of the graphics and information we will be discussing is in the pre-production or planning phase so it will be announced to the community on a schedule, we make the graphics for those upcoming dates especially for things ‘not yet annoucned’.

Thank you again for going for it, let me know if you have any questions.
      I look forward to seeing more of your work and your style going forward in 2022. 🙂

D. Alley, the RedheadedEd

PS Should I be using your user name to refere to you or a different name? Just not sure what you’d prefer?

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  redheadeded.
      • This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  redheadeded.
      • izmoney10000

November 19, 2021 at 11:04 pm

Israel is my name so if you prefer that It doesn’t really matter to me. I was thinking what are the core takeaways that the school provides?(courses etc.) a graphic explaining this would be good for the convention booths as well as any online advertisements. This would also incline people to sign up if they knew what they would be learning. also testimonials Ex. “I signed up to have the chance to be published and learned how to…”

I understand brand standard but for youtube most headers “kind” of like a facebook page has a “header” will have the frequency of videos put out and website info if that can be worked into the existing header that would be a good thing.

Thanks for the reply and let me know what I can do.

Israel

• redheadeded

November 19, 2021 at 11:19 pm

Dude you just keep coming up with really good ideas. Thank you!

I like the idea of and info graphics or an ‘intro to Comic Book School’ graphic, or even a video that tells people what and why we do what we do. That could be really fun.

Let’s brainstorm that a bit in the next mtg, what it should say and what formats we need to put it out in.

Thanks Israel, this is gonna be great.

D. Alley, the RedheadedEd.

• redheadeded

November 24, 2021 at 2:12 am

Hey Everybody:

Here is the link to the Visual Graphics Survey. Please complete these 4 questions, and let us know if you have any other comments or follow-up that can help push Comic Book School to be bigger, better and more visually appealing in 2022.

Survey Monkey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2T9NKJL

– This will also go out in the team mtg email

– That will be the final follow up on that email thread, as a new calendar invite for Dec is coming soon via email, it will also be updated in this forum post/thread.

(Please only complete the survey once per person, to not skew the data!)

Thanks,

D. Alley, the RedheadedEd.

• This reply was modified 5 days, 1 hour ago by  redheadeded.
Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now