Forums Forums Main Forum Trouble with Facebook

• Trouble with Facebook

MisterAnderSiN updated 3 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 2 Posts
  • thesurrealari

April 21, 2021 at 1:24 am
    make icon 59 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

So, Facebook restricted my author page. I can no longer post ads because I allegedly violated some policy (although they didn’t tell what policy I violated or which ads were in violation of the unarmed policy). I’ve never had an ad rejected, and only have used them to promote blog posts and an occasional poem or story. I tried to appeal and ask for more information, but the appeal was denied and no further information was offered.

Aside from feeling like character in a Kafka novel, I need to figure out what I should do. Should I

A. Pay a “social media expert” to restore my account. A number have been recommended to me by the writing community on Twitter, but I don’t have personal experience with any of them.

B. Trash the page and start over.

C. Trash the page and create a profile to use professionally instead of a page. I’ve seen a number of creatives take this route recently.

Thank you in advance.

• MisterAnderSiN

April 21, 2021 at 9:15 pm
    make icon 68 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

Keep fighting it. Send more emails. Go here its listed all your violations https://www.facebook.com/support/?ref=hc_global_nav

but also in the meantime, I would have a real profile to use. Pages in general get little use. Groups are a GREAT IDEA. Start your own Writers Groups. They are less likely to be shut down if others is active and you follow basic posting rules and It will help you promote yourself and others.

Finally, understand Facebook is FREE. Expect any day for it to go away and plan accordingly. IE build e mail lists and get people to subscribe to your sites

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now