• “Time Out” Character Designs

• mrkylerose

March 22, 2021 at 9:58 am

Here is the first of 4 character designs. This is the protagonist Morgan. We see her age throughout the story so here she is at three major age points. I hope to have the other three characters ups shortly. Feeback and crits, please. Thanks all.

—Kyle

• mikedoestheart

Administrator
    March 24, 2021 at 8:08 am

Love the use of halftone patterns to provide depth to the clothing/shadows. It would be interesting to know around what age each of these renderings are!

• redheadeded

March 29, 2021 at 6:45 am

Hey @mrkylerose ,

I like the design overall, I’m interesting to see how you see her moving.. but Mike’s comment did bring up a question in my mind I hadn’t thought of before, do her clothes age in the Time Out bubble as well? like she’s not buying that many new outfits in a year right?

Cool stuff, thanks for Sharing!

D Alley, the Redheadeded

• jojabarker

March 29, 2021 at 11:30 am

Kyle, my friend I’ve always admired artists who can pull off aging characters! The only two elements that had me do a double-take were between the youngest and the middle-aged. It might be the hair, glasses, or something else around the eyes. Like others commented on, I’m digging the clothes, almost a JETSONS vibe! ~Kirbyspeed

• mrkylerose

March 31, 2021 at 2:30 am

Here are the secondary characters. From left to right: The attendant, Morgan’s Son and Morgan’s Wife

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now