Forums Forums 8-Page Challenge #2 8-Page Challenge #2 > Step 1 > Story Ideas 'Time Out at the Time Inn' -Meatbucket MegaBabes

• 'Time Out at the Time Inn' -Meatbucket MegaBabes

• jarrod-elvin

February 22, 2021 at 6:32 pm
    make icon 70 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

I thought it would be cool to have a story that loops; ends back where it began and repeats, that includes Cause-and-Effect paradoxes, like they have to do one thing to cause another, which causes the need for them to do the first thing.
    (I wanted it to be simple, but this is proving to be quite the challenge to write, while still trying to keep the structure intact for a legitimate and fulfilling single read-through.)

Anyways, the basic stripped-down premise is:
    The Meatbucket MegaBabes are fleeing from a giant space-monster and after they defeat it with the use of a strange artifact, they decide to lay low at a mysterious space-hotel called the Time Inn (The Inn’s slogan is ‘Stay a night, for the rest of your life!’) to rest and gather their thoughts because their memory is playing tricks on them.
    The Inn’s creepy Concierge and Bellboy thank the ladies for retrieving their lost artifact, and reward them with a free stay in the hotel.
    The Meatbucket MegaBabes get lost in the maze of the hotel, while the Concierge uses the artifact to resurrect an ancient space-monster.
    With failing memory, amidst the many lost souls trapped in the hotel, on the run from the monster lurking in the halls and growing in size, the Meatbucket MegaBabes discover a strange artifact that holds promise for them to defeat the monster and escape the hotel…

None of this is set in stone just yet. Many elements are subject to change and I’m still working on the bugs and potential plot-holes before I get into the finer details, but I thought it would be cool to have a story that loops; ends back where it began and repeats, that includes Cause-and-Effect paradoxes, like they have to do one thing to cause another, which causes the need for them to do the first thing.
    (I wanted it to be simple, but this is proving to be quite the challenge to write, while still trying to keep the structure intact for a legitimate and fulfilling single read-through.) 😉

• redheadeded

February 22, 2021 at 11:26 pm
    make icon 66 Forum Points

@jarrod-elvin This is awesome!

I love the idea that the comic itself is in a time loop, have you thought that the monster that they defeat at the begining is the monster the the Concierge releases? and it escapes the hotel which (after they defeat it again) is why the have to come back to the hotel in the first place? third place, tenth place? I’m not sure if you’d want them to fix the loop, but good luck in writting it, this is gonna be great!!!

Thanks,

D Alley, the Redheadeded

• jarrod-elvin

February 23, 2021 at 8:06 am

Thanks D!

Oh yes, the monster they defeat at the start is definitely the one the Concierge unleashes in the middle. Although I’d like that to be not so obvious at first, so maybe it will start small and grow in size or transform leading up to the end.

And yes, the Meatbucket MegaBabes will use the artifact to escape the hotel maze – in a climactic (and hopefully satisfying) ending – but the monster comes out with them and they all wind up in the same scenario as at the start. I’m thinking of having the last dialogue balloon of the comic saying “Phew! I think we lost it” as they are exiting the hotel, and the first dialogue balloons of the comic, when they are in open space, will say “What?” – “I said, I think we lost it” – “Oh no we didn’t!!” for example, when the monster appears (again, for the first time).

I don’t really want them to break the loop, however on subsequent readings I’d like the readers to be able to see smaller details that may not have made sense at first, and how the loop might be broken if the characters were to do a specific thing differently. Like it’s teetering on the edge of being broken if only ____.

(Sorry – again – if there are multiples of this reply. It seems to disappear when I edit it, so I will stop doing that)

• evolver

February 23, 2021 at 9:45 am
    make icon 18 Forum Points

I can really see the paradox thing working very well for these characters and your setting. very cool.

• redheadeded

February 23, 2021 at 9:27 pm
    make icon 66 Forum Points

Cool cool. It sounds great. I can’t wait to see the MegaBabes back in action!

Thanks Jarrod!

D Alley, the Redheadeded

• MisterAnderSiN

March 2, 2021 at 9:13 am
    make icon 68 Forum Points

When you get a second could you please fill out the form at the bottom of this page so we have all your info on file https://www.comicbookschool.com/creative-prompt-8-pg-challenge-2/

• jarrod-elvin

March 2, 2021 at 9:53 am

Done. Sorry I didn’t do it earlier, I thought it was only for new enrolments for this year. Let me know if it is all satisfactory.

• krisburgos

March 6, 2021 at 9:03 am
    make icon 62 Forum Points

The Meatbucket MegaBabes are coming back!!! Woohoo!!! <div>Now that that has gotten out of the way, it’s funny, this prompt is a hard one, and I’m expecting a few time travel-style stories, and time travel has always rubbed me the wrong way, however the paradox, where going into the past is what makes the future the way it is… now that’s the stuff I like and this looks like it’ll be fun.

Do yourself a favor and watch 12 Monkeys for research on how that type of paradox is handled properly.

-K

</div>

• jarrod-elvin

March 6, 2021 at 5:30 pm

Haha thanks Kris! Yes! They are back! -This story could be better handled with only a single character or two (and would undoubtedly be easier for me that way) but I want to bring them all in again. Hopefully they’ll each get a chance to have at least a couple of lines of dialogue or action.

I love 12 Monkeys! But it is really convoluted and filled with detail (Like all of Terry Gilliam’s amazing works). That’s something I’d like to avoid this time around; trying to write this time-loop story does my head in enough as it is haha. (I am thankful for this Step 2 Plot assignment that really helps to keep it simple.) I know what you mean though, and it’s a cool suggestion. I’m so busy at the moment it’s hard to find the time that it needs to put into developing this story, but if I’m able to I should indeed give 12 Monkeys another watch!

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now