• Dave

February 20, 2021 at 4:47 am
    make icon 20 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

Title: Time Out

By David Marino and Kyle Rose

Characters: Morgan, The Attendant, Jessy (Morgan’s Wife), Sam (Morgan’s son)

After a long day at work and what felt like hours of shopping for the perfect birthday gift for son’s five year old birthday, Morgan is exhausted. Shoulders slumped, she walks by an ad for Time Out, a new technology that allows a user to stay in a bubble of frozen time. The world outside the bubble freezes, but the person inside has as much time as they need, aging at a normal rate.

Morgan enters the bubble, just needing fifteen minutes to get her head on straight before heading back home for her son’s birthday. Soon after, Morgan starts going to the bubble more and more often, to catch up on books, tv shows and work. As the story progresses, Morgan spends more and more time inside the bubble, losing herself in the process.

At the end, Morgan makes it to her son’s six year old birthday. And while he’s only aged a year, she’s thirty years older from having spent so much time in the bubble. At the end, we see the bubble door close one final time.

• redheadeded

February 21, 2021 at 2:38 am
    make icon 68 Forum Points

Dave,

That is a great story concept! And super revilant to our remote login quarentined world.

I am interested in how it will relate to the “Time Inn” (as in a hotel/motel) concept? is this a stay over place? or a spa type place? Also how do you invision showing visually the passage of her time in the ‘bubble’ vs. the time in the real world i.e. her son’s birthday only being a week..

I am struggling a bit with how I want to visualize a similar concept of the passge of time in my own story so I was a bit curious.

I am interested to see how it works out!

Good Luck. And welcome to the 8-Page Challagene #2.

D Alley, the Redheadeded

• Dave

March 1, 2021 at 11:56 pm

Thanks D!

Sorry I’m getting back to this so late. Kyle, my lovely artist, has to do the actual hard work on the visuals here.

But, not to give the script away, the room itself, as I envision it, is a mostly white space void, with furniture to represent whatever Morgan herself needs.

Re: the passage of time, the plan is one page will have a series of panels showing a panel external from the bubble showing how much time Morgan is spending in the bubble, and that number will exponentially increase from panel to panel.

It was fun to have to adapt from my typical prose focus to try to convey that concept visually.

Dave

• thesurrealari

February 24, 2021 at 11:21 am
    make icon 66 Forum Points

This is a super-tight concept, and I like the twilight zone style ending. I think you can do a lot of interesting things visually to indicate the passage of time. I’m interested to see the page layouts as well, and I hope you find a way to use the visual medium to your advantage. So much potential here.

• Dave

March 1, 2021 at 11:57 pm

Thanks Ari! The script does some neat visual things I’m excited to see come to life myself.

Dave

• MisterAnderSiN

March 2, 2021 at 9:19 am
    make icon 69 Forum Points

Thank you for filling out the form I have sent you an email and a way to contact me if needed directly.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now