• TIME INN – Plot

• XanderXero

April 14, 2021 at 3:17 am
    make icon 18 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

P1- Iggy and Miguel stumbling around a dark, creepy abandoned bar.

P2- We see Iggy doing a ritual. Gets sucked into a portal

P3- splashpage. We see Iggy floating in a dark space by himself.

P4- gatekeeper entity yells at Iggy for screwing around with time. He is told he has five minutes. If he goes over, Iggy’s mind will belong to the gatekeeper.

P5- Iggy gets spit out into the past crashing into his younger self. They both crash into a bar/pub neon sign. Young Iggy suggests a fight to prove who the other dude really is.

P6- FIGHT.

P7- Fight conclusion. Before Iggy disappears like how Batman does to Gordon, he says “Put all your money into Bitcoin. ALL. OF. IT.”

P8- Miguel thinks the story is bullshit. Iggy shrugs. We see the creepy, abandoned bar they’re investigating is the Time Inn. Last panel will be on the past/young Iggy looking at the broken bar sign he crashed into. It reads “Time Inn”.

I’m really thinking about what <a class=’bp-suggestions-mention’ href=’https://create.comicbookschool.com/members/redheadeded/’ rel=’nofollow’>@redheadeded said about putting too many characters in the story. But I can’t escape that i might really need Miguel to be the “Robin”/ “Dr. John Watson” of the story: the person that represents the audience. So I have someone to explain wtf is going on.

I just don’t know if i could fit everything i’m thinking about in each page. But that’s why we have thumbnailing for, right?

• MisterAnderSiN

April 14, 2021 at 5:18 am
    make icon 68 Forum Points

is this gonna be done with just splash pages?

• XanderXero

April 14, 2021 at 5:58 am

just one. when he slips into that other dimension. i wanna show him like alone and scared in a vast nothing. The rest, specially the fight scenes gotta have multiple panels.

• redheadeded

April 14, 2021 at 7:45 am
    make icon 66 Forum Points

Actually <a class=’bp-suggestions-mention’ href=’https://create.comicbookschool.com/members/xxfiasco/’ rel=’nofollow’>@XanderXero this helps a lot!

I wasn’t sure before how the flash back worked and now it is a bit more clear.. The character interactions make more sense in this context. I’m looking forward to learning more in your scripting faze.

The only thing I am interested in now is the character motivations? why are they in the bar? why are they friends? why does miguel not believe him? why does the gatekeeper care about the time? Why does young iggy not believe the present one?

So many questions, and maybe the reader doesn’t get to know all the answers but I think as the writer you should have a good idea about the answers to some of these. I will check back in with your postings before the weekend. 😉

Thanks for posting, and being active on the boards.

D Alley, the Redheadeded.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  redheadeded. Reason: Still FORMATTING!
    • XanderXero

April 15, 2021 at 12:36 am

I do have a whole storyline with arcs sorta kinda in my head already for these characters but yeah.. no way all of those could be explained in our 8 pages. Is there a way that maybe this story can be a jumping board so that if it piques interest enough, maybe people would want to know more about them and i could continue the story?

Young Iggy is a one-off… ive thought about it and read about what writers say about doing time travelling stories. i dont wanna get into conundrums and plot holes because i keep fucking around with time. I think this will be my one and only time i’ll do time travel. I think young Iggy just generally would be in disbelief about time travelling. I imagine every one of us would be– if an older version of us came to see our younger version. Young Iggy’s just like “really? 😒”

Im going to work on some thumbnailing now… maybe you can check thos out and give me feedback on that too. Thank you so much for making me think about this more inside my head.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now