Forums Forums 8-Page Challenge #2 8-Page Challenge #2 > Step 6 > Thumbnails & Revisions Time Inn by the Stars – Thumbs ready for review

• Time Inn by the Stars – Thumbs ready for review

• redheadeded

April 23, 2021 at 1:13 am
    make icon 66 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

Hey Guys,

I know I am running late but here are my thumbs.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/hvod4in4x91ww4u/Panel2_TimeInnByStars_Thumbs02.pdf?dl=0

I hope I can still get some feedback.. I have very specific layouts in my head, but the visual contiuity of reading left to right for each ‘row’ of panels is really throwing me on a couple of pages especially Page 3 where I’d like it to read up from the bottom rather than down from the top. Looking for any advise on that.

Thanks!

D Alley, the Redheadeded

• philipspace

April 25, 2021 at 10:00 pm
    make icon 69 Forum Points

My apologies, but I haven’t had much time to review other stories these last few weeks.

My comments for your thumbs thus far;

Page 1 Looks like you’re giving yourself a good amount of room here. My suggestion would be to try to give as much space to the characters as possible. Make your most important character the largest on the page, kind of like how the camera focuses on the main character in a film, with secondary characters having distinctive features for recognizability even though they have less prominence visually.

P2 The “take 2” makes me think of a Family Circus cartoon with Billy running around the neighborhood. This is good, but remember to also keep the visual flow going from the top-left of the page down to the bottom-right. Using a zig-zag layout is fine, but you want your reader to know where to start, and here in the West we start as a result of training at the top left.

The next few pages look good.

Page 7 This looks to be 12 panels(?). The most I ever put on a single page myself was 20, but when you do that you’re both drawing really small and the reader is squinting once the finished product is reduced to print size. It’s doable, but it will be a marathon to produce, like a “Where’s Waldo” with panels.

Page 8 looks good.

Looking forward to seeing how this progresses!

• redheadeded

May 12, 2021 at 12:29 am
      make icon 66 Forum Points

Thanks man! I am working through a lot of that stuff in roughs. I was thinking about the environment really giving the feeling of grandure but I might do a map or “Family Circuis” type option for some of the more crowded pages.

The feedback is much appreciated.

D Alley, the Redheadeded.

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now