Forums Forums Main Forum Tales Beyond for the NYC locals!

• Tales Beyond for the NYC locals!

Posted by krisburgos on June 20, 2022 at 9:56 pm

Hey everyone,

Tales Beyond, my comic publishing label that I’m sure ya’ll have heard me talk about 1000x, is venturing into the world of NYC street fairs and this weekend is our first adventure! If you’re in the Forest Hills, Queens area, stop by on SUNDAY June 26th at MacDonald Park (its a small park on 70th St between Queens Blvd and Austin St.). The event will run from 10am-6pm.

My wife and I are super excited (and nervous) and we’ll be selling all of our comics, including the award-winning Teddies (2021 Indie Comix of the Year- Fandom Bubble Award) and our latest title Vizards (released last week). We’re also gonna be selling some killer exclusive art prints, unreleased before this event. And be on the lookout for our Teddies Champion Token Burlap, which will have a short story and art to accompany a small teddy bear figure in a burlap bag.

For those willing to take a trip to the area just to support and chat, I lived in Forest Hills for a few years and can tell you some great food options and things to see when you come! Ask me about my favorite bar/whiskey den in all of NYC (it’ll be around the corner).

Come on to Queens and support us and I hope to see some familiar faces there!

Kris

buddyscalera replied 5 months, 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • philipspace

June 21, 2022 at 4:51 pm
    make icon Makes 7
    make icon 74 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

Wishing you all the success in the world with this!

• krisburgos

June 21, 2022 at 9:48 pm
      make icon Makes 6
      make icon 66 Forum Points

Thanks a bunch! We’ve been prepping for a solid few months now for these events, (we’re doing 2 more next month) so it’s been a ride.

• buddyscalera

Administrator
    June 22, 2022 at 5:54 pm
    make icon Makes 8
    make icon 97 Forum Points

Good luck, @krisburgos – Please take photos and share them here.

• krisburgos

June 27, 2022 at 9:44 pm
    make icon Makes 6
    make icon 66 Forum Points

Event went great! We had perfect shade in some beautiful sunny weather and throughout the day had some friends stop by for support. Made decent sales in a ‘slower’ residential NYC neighborhood so it was a good warmup for next month when we’re doing this again at the Bryant Park Area Fair (July 24) and at the Lexington Ave Summerfest (July 31)… both in Manhattan. We were selling our books, shirts, hats, art prints, keychains, and our Teddies token bags so it went well.

I’ll take any and all feedback on the tent setup if anyone has some!

• buddyscalera

Administrator
    June 28, 2022 at 1:57 pm
    make icon Makes 8
    make icon 97 Forum Points

Nice setup. I like the colors. Very appealing table.