Forums Forums Main Forum Sharing on Social Media

• _

July 1, 2021 at 7:31 am
    make icon Makes 0
    make icon 25 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

We should have a theme for every day of the week but take weekends off such as crowdfunding Wensday new art monday things like that

• buddyscalera

Administrator
    July 1, 2021 at 6:04 pm
    make icon Makes 8
    make icon 97 Forum Points

That is a good idea, @MisterAnderSiN – I think we need a good way for people in our community to tell us what we are doing. If someone is doing a crowdfunding, I definitely want to know about it.

• redheadeded

Administrator
    July 6, 2021 at 2:30 am
    make icon Makes 6
    make icon 68 Forum Points

Should we have a submission box here on the forums?

Wednesday CrowdFunding:
    Thursday: Book release?
    Friday: I’m up for an award?

What kind of catagories do you guys think we need?

I’m interested to know maybe we can match them to trending dates on different platforms?

Thanks,

D. Alley, the Redheadeded

• buddyscalera

Administrator
      July 6, 2021 at 6:53 am
      make icon Makes 8

These are good ideas @redheadeded – I need some consistency in my social media. I would like to shine a spotlight on our community members. If we have a strategy, people may feel more inclined to share the items that they want promoted.

• andresbriano

November 4, 2021 at 3:16 pm
      make icon Makes 6
      make icon 25 Forum Points

Great ideas, @redheadeded If I can suggest something, I think that we should focus on more everyday milestones. Such as: Finished Art Pages. Finished script drafts. Anthologies accepting submissions. Etc. I fear that if we focus on book releases (for instance) we will not have something to share every Thursday. Just my 2 cents. 😀

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by  andresbriano. Reason: Tagging Erin
      • buddyscalera

Administrator
        November 4, 2021 at 9:56 pm
        make icon Makes 8

Good point @andresbriano – I’d like to see people posting more of their work on the boards. Not just for the challenges. I would like to see what people are working on and promoting.

• redheadeded

Administrator
          November 8, 2021 at 9:42 am
          make icon Makes 6

That sounds great! Maryam.. I’d love to work with you sometime next week in seeing if there is a pattern of posts we can promote.

Let me know when you have a free evening to chat. 😉

Thanks,

D. Alley, the Redheadeded

• maryamsmark

November 9, 2021 at 5:44 am
            make icon Makes 8
            make icon 76 Forum Points

Yes @redheadeded we can work together next week on goals and calendars. There’s a bunch of posting concepts. They say there’s really not a real “hashtag” that will excite the crowd, but there actually ways to post that can grab attention – wording, knowing trends, creating a schedule of post with both images, quotes that are funny and motivational, and leading your audience else where to do something for you. I can go on and on but we have next week for that. I have appts usually in the morning, mostly so let talk on when is best.

• thesurrealari

November 19, 2021 at 7:06 pm
    make icon Makes 7
    make icon 15 Forum Points

In addition to the categories listed by @redheadeded , I would ad a wip category. You want to show process on social, not just product, and we could jump on an existing hashtag, such as #wipitwed (word in progress wednesday) to amplify our voices.

• redheadeded

Administrator
      November 19, 2021 at 10:57 pm
      make icon Makes 6

These are great ideas all! Andres, and Ari do we think it is enough to request people promote them selves in the boards and we can promote them on social media?

Or would it be better to ask community memebers so tag CBS and we can amplify their posts/tweets/reels from shares, likes, and retweets or our own both on CBS and our personal channels?

I know we have tried this in the past but it was hard to organize, and rough on the person who ran it, due to the lack of response in the second and thrid month… How can we make this type of community sharing more effiecent?

Thanks,

Erin.

• thesurrealari

November 24, 2021 at 6:58 am
    make icon Makes 7
    make icon 15 Forum Points

I think that if we made a day, like Wednesday for #wipitwesnesday, asked them to tag @comicbookschool and amplified the posts, that would make it easier to organize and be a good start. We should use the existing days in the creative communities, like wipitwednesday (for works in progress); Fellowship Friday’s (highlight someone else in the community who is doing good work or who is supportive of the community), and Shameless Self-Promotion Saturday (promote your own stuff) since the framework already exists and we wouldn’t have to reinvent the wheel.

We’d also be able to tap into the power of the existing hashtags while amplifying our community. I think we’ve made it too hard on ourselves in the past by trying to make our own calendars and hashtags, posting, retweeting, and commenting schedules in the past. Use what’s already there. Maybe people are already using these hashtags and we’re just boosting them; maybe they’re becoming educated about the existing hashtags that are out there, which fits our educational mission. Either way, it would be easier than what we’ve done in the past, and likely more effective.