Forums Forums Main Forum Self Care…

Tagged: 

• Self Care…

• maryamsmarkers

December 8, 2020 at 5:26 am
    make icon 71 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

Happy ComicBook Monday,

I hope that you all are doing your best, doing well and are trying your best to stay healthy both in creativity, mind and in body. This pandemic has us all experiencing an array of emotions, both good and bad. Take time to yourselves, giving “self-care” the routine it deserves. If you don’t have a “self-care” routine yet, it’s a great time to start one. We can be over-workers at times. Forgetting a little “me” time is healthy, allows your to re-center, focus, and clear space mentally. I challenge you to add some “me” time in the next few days. I bet you will feel less stressed and you’ll love what you’d done or didn’t decide to do. Also, if you have interest to be tested for COVID19 but aren’t sure where locations are, use this link to find community based testing locations in your area:
    https://www.hhs.gov/coronavirus/community-based-testing-sites/index.html

Here is a quick 15 list of suggested “self-care” for both men and women:

Give myself a pedicure or a manicure.
    Read a book or magazine for an hour.
    Sit on the front porch. Just. Sit.
    Take a bubble bath—complete with candles and calming music.
    Pick or buy a bouquet of fresh flowers.
    Take a leisurely walk without a goal.
    Put on a homemade face mask.
    Give myself permission to binge watch my latest show obsession without guilt. (I'm digging into Gotham like never before).
    Take a nap. (Go on Airplane mode so no calls come through ~Cardi B)
    Order in dinner. (Leave the stove alone for once! Order and sit on the couch, indulging).
    Weekly journal (remember your script or business idea - dust it off and write every day for 30 minutes to an hour. Or did someone p you off, journal those feelings out).
    Have a cup of tea (honey or ginger flavors - improve your health with natural teas)
    Buy an inspiring message mug or t-shirt (positive affirmations are the sh!t Dr Alissa G said so).
    Take a break from watching the news, or reading the newspapers (Turn off "citizens apps" notifications too!) That's stress and high blood pressure!
    Mediate

Mediate is the last one I'll expand on. Personally, last week was an emotional challenge for me. I needed to center my mind and get it together, zen my way back to blow a gasket. One thing that helps me is listening to instrumental music, making my salats (Islamic prayers), sharing thoughts with close friends and love one and of course, making a sketch. If you don't know about this youtube channel yet, I've just introduced you to some cool tones: Radio Lofi Brasil: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH5v7oIL_jc . Listen and relax friends, know that you are loved and missed. Enjoy your self-care routines.

Talks soon,

Maryam

Viewing 1 of 1 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now