• artsmermaid

May 5, 2021 at 3:03 am
    make icon 69 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

Case of the Civil Soldier thumbs for pages 1-4

• This discussion was modified 3 months ago by  artsmermaid.
  • jojabarker

May 5, 2021 at 9:06 am
    make icon 66 Forum Points

Enjoying the perspective on some of these “shots”!

I am curious about the panel breakups (and it might be just because it’s the thumbnail stage). Will there be gutters, a bit of “white space” between panels?

That inset panel on page 1* is also a nice touch! Kirbyspeed, my friend ~Joel

*edit: there was some confusion which page was what because it seems that they uploaded out of order, so THANK YOU for putting in the description(s) what-was-what

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  jojabarker.
  • artsmermaid

May 7, 2021 at 10:36 pm
    make icon 69 Forum Points

Thanks 😊 @jojabarker

As for the lines, it’ll have gutters lol. This is just so I know how to separate everything

• redheadeded

May 12, 2021 at 12:51 am
    make icon 66 Forum Points

Ok, I was a little confused by the page 2 being page one, but thanks for confirming the page numbers are in the descriptions.

So for Page 1 : – I like that you add the Letter to define which character is which. But is there a marker for “Extras?” a person in the view but not the story.. (sorry without having seen the scirpt I can only guess what is going on by the visuals so.. I wasn’t sure who is who). – Maybe an XX or star or shape then? if they are not story driven characters? if they are all part of the story theny don’t worry about it.

– The page flow is good but I am a llittle confused by the second row tiny box.. but I think it’s a detail I may understand more in roughs?

Also the arm leading into the right panel from the 5th box makes me wonder am I reading left to right and then down? or top to bottom and then right?

Page 2: The horses are good but I”m not sure where we are ? This is thumbs so that’s not a problem over all but a set piece or something to show environeent in roughs will be supper helpful.

Page 3 the diagloal (sp?) lines are great they show a bigger emitional depth in this page, but I wonder if they had a bit more semetry and each box got bigger vertically as they went down the page if that would bring more empahisis to the emotion in the last two panels?

Page4: WIthout the story of dialog I really have no idea what is going on in page 4. it just looks like talking and a detail panel so I may have to wait for roughs.

– I will say that the first panel and the second panel seem to be a back and front and then we se the front again? based on the position on the characaters? and I’m not sure why were as the view are being flipped back and forth.

Over All:

– There is a lot of level heads lines.

– I don’t know if that is intentional or not, I”m curious where the dialog or narration will go? just something to keep in mind.

Looking forward to seeing the next bit, and reading what this is all about!
    Good Luck Lady! You are doing great!

D Alley, the Redheadeded.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  redheadeded. Reason: Line Spacing
Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now