Forums Forums 8-Page Challenge #2 8-Page Challenge #2 > Step 4 > Character Designs Seldom Rest Farm Character Designs

• Seldom Rest Farm Character Designs

• artsmermaid

April 12, 2021 at 9:25 pm
    make icon 69 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

Hi,

I know Im late to the character design posting party, here are the rough I came up of the main characters with for the comic I’m working on with @kpei137 (I know that the hands are rough. I’m still practicing ^^’)

• kpei137

April 12, 2021 at 9:32 pm

It’s all good, the art looks amazing and my editor loves it too so thank you for bringing these characters alive

• redheadeded

April 13, 2021 at 8:59 pm
      make icon 70 Forum Points
      CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

Hey Guys,

These look great, but I am a bit confused.. what is the story here ? Did I miss it? Arielle or Kevin could you update or reply with the link?

That said, I like that you can get a sense of each one’s personality with just the one pose. I’m interested to see their expressions in the comic.

• my one piece of constructive critism is that you might want to look at your line weights, it will be more important in an inked image, but it may also help to better define the weight of each character, because with just these light pencil drawings they all have a bit of a floaty quality.

That’s just my 2 cents. 😉

Well done Arielle! As always..

D. Alley, the Redheadeded.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  redheadeded. Reason: Still haveing format issues with carriage returns ... :(
  • kpei137

April 13, 2021 at 10:18 pm

I have yet to post anything because life got in the way but basically the 3 characters on the left are based off of me and two of my friends who are all horseback riders who encounter a ghost when they are at a couple of horse shows in the tri-state area that causes havoc for Riley who is based off of me.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now