Forums Forums Main Forum Questions for Office Hours!!

• Questions for Office Hours!!

redheadeded updated 1 month ago 4 Members · 5 Posts
  • krisburgos

April 16, 2021 at 8:39 pm
    make icon 70 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

You’ve got questions… we’ve got Buddy!!

This is the place to put all of those burning questions you’re dying to ask or even the issues you’re marginally interested in getting answered. Whether you’re having a hard time formatting scripts or looking for the “right” program to help you out with your artwork, Buddy will answer to the best of his abilities with the help of one of our Anthology editors, D Alley.

Whatever your question, if you’re asking about how to work as a team or wondering if Pluto should still be categorized as a planet… don’t be afraid to ask!

• buddyscalera

Administrator
    April 16, 2021 at 10:17 pm
    make icon 117 Forum Points

Yeah, ask me something!

• redheadeded

April 17, 2021 at 12:29 am

Let’s get this started… <a class=’bp-suggestions-mention’ href=’https://create.comicbookschool.com/members/buddyscalera/’ rel=’nofollow’>@buddyscalera

• Do YOU have any plans to print these anthologys we are making as the primary publisher, or do you have someone you recommend if we publish it ourselves, even if it’s just our own story?
    • Can you clarify the 8-pages plus cover and flash fiction requirements?
    • How do you feel Comic Book School is best positioned as a place for free learning for people starting out in a very large industry?

• What are your thoughts on getting paid for beginner or inexperianced work, vs. going head to head with DC/Marvel/Darkhorse and others who already have an experianced following in the indie comic world?

• What do you think as a 20 year vetran of the industry is the best way to use the internet, Comic Book School, and other tools like Kickstart/Indegogo to get a comic book career not only started but become successful?

• Is that really still as hard to get a foothold in the professional industry as back in the 80’s/90’s?

• How do you really feel about the copyrights you have outlined for anthology participants?

• And finally, what do you see is the ultimate 5-7 year plan for Comic Book School going forward?

Thanks for everything you do, can’t wait to see who else has interesting questions, and what is going to happen as the con’s come back this year. 😉 See you tonight.

D Alley, the Redheadeded.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  redheadeded. Reason: still formatting
  • jojabarker

April 17, 2021 at 10:39 am

Excellent job, @buddyscalera and @redheadeded, my friends!

Biggest impact from tonight, was not just being reminded of Buddy’s Rule of 10, but also that it’s more important the character/story I’ve been passionate about gets told (privately in practice!) than held hostage in my head because I can always revisit it with better,more experienced chops down the road when the time/place is right.

Looking forward to putting “buy the ticket, take the ride” to action! ~Kirbyspeed

• redheadeded

April 18, 2021 at 4:27 am

Joel,

You did a great job promoting it, thankd for all your help and reminders! Keep those quotes up they are a gold mine of future content we can throw around to help teach new peeps, and inspire the memories of those of us running this crazy train.

Thanks again! Looking forward to more questions from the community in the next one, and maybe we put Ari in the hot seat. 😉

Till then,
      D Alley, the Redheadeded

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now