Forums Forums Main Forum Panel 1: Printed for Cons?

Tagged: 

• Panel 1: Printed for Cons?

philipspace updated 5 days, 20 hours ago 6 Members · 20 Posts
  • redheadeded

June 5, 2021 at 4:59 am
    make icon 66 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

Hey Guys,

Quarentines are coming to an end, and cons are coming back, is anyone interested in joining in on a large quantity printing of the first book? I am looking at pricing options from the following printers…

Comic Impressions (I have a contact here*)
    KaBlam Digital Printers
    Comic Well Sprint / grekoprinting
    – Oh dam.. I thought I’d had more.. well I’m open to suggestions. 🙂

Please let me know:
    – If there are other printers to consider?
    – What your max cost you’d be willing to contribute?
    – The number of issues you’d like to receive?

Let me know if you are interested, please feel free to forward this message to anyone in our community who worked on Panel 1.

Thanks again,

D. Alley, the Redheadeded

• This discussion was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  redheadeded. Reason: typos
  • evolver

August 4, 2021 at 6:49 pm
    make icon 18 Forum Points

id be on board with chipping in. What is the budget like to do 100 copies. i’d also, of course, contribute to the second volume.

• MisterAnderSiN

August 6, 2021 at 6:07 pm
    make icon 68 Forum Points

If we are gonna do this we need to move now. We would want the books shipped to Buddy for NYCC.

• philipspace

August 7, 2021 at 12:56 am
    make icon 69 Forum Points

I would be willing to kick in a bit. How would the funds be handled? Gofundme or such?

• MisterAnderSiN

August 8, 2021 at 6:23 pm
      make icon 68 Forum Points

Never use GO FUND me for comics there is a history of Scams with in the industry and it is really looked down on.

Kickstarter believe it or not is the perfect place to make enough for some copies

• redheadeded

August 9, 2021 at 7:07 am

Rob,

I defer to you on the kick starter front.. I think I have a nervous nelly mental block on the whole website. But I”m happy to set it up or just order a couple hundred copiies from a printer.. (a world I am much more farmiliar with)… Let’s set up a hangout/chat some time closer to the end of this week to see who all is interested?

Thursday? Friday? Let me know what days work for you..

You guys reach out and so will I to the community and the authors artist from this year last year, the more we each put in the less the cost will be for the individuals.

Thanks!

• philipspace

August 14, 2021 at 4:05 am

I guess the question would be: what is the print-quantity goal?

Another option would be to purchase inexpensive USB drives loaded with the anthology and sell those to cover booth costs. I keep thinking this was addressed previously, but I was never quite sure what the consensus was.

• philipspace

August 19, 2021 at 11:18 pm

Any updates on this conversation?

Anything that can be outsourced at this time?

• maryamsmarkers

August 23, 2021 at 6:41 am
          make icon 71 Forum Points

Had the Go Fund Me /Kick Starter begun? If so, what’s the link? I’d contribute to it and I can share out the link to my arts group. May find some interested in sending funding… https://www.meetup.com/PhillyArtsocial/ @buddyscalera

• maryamsmarkers

September 10, 2021 at 9:57 am

Have you considered selling ad space? that’s a way to cover cost – many magazine/comicbook do that? Where do things stand?

• thesurrealari

August 14, 2021 at 10:39 pm
    make icon 59 Forum Points

I would love to do a print run. I think @sebastianbonet has some experience with printers.

• redheadeded

August 27, 2021 at 10:46 pm

OK I would love to have the time and patience to run a Kick Starter and if someone wants to run one, and keep everyone involved that’s a great Idea, but for first run, I just wanted to keep it simple.

I have printer information and I am ready to get this done, but what I need to know is

– who wants in ?
    – How many issues do you want?
    – How much are your willing to put in?

Let me know I will be ordering a large quanity next week on the third. Just let me know by then.

Thanks,

• thesurrealari

August 27, 2021 at 10:48 pm

I still want in. How many issues I order would depend on the cost per issue. Do we know the cost per issue yet?

• redheadeded

August 29, 2021 at 9:31 pm

OK the basic quote i have is $991 for 100 books of 140 pages, so since we have 144 the price may vary a bit.

…which for printing seems reasonable to me.. anyone thinks it’s outragous let me know.

I’m putting in for at least 25-50, who wants in and for how many? Let me know. Like I said I am ordering on the third, and I will cover the print approvals, process and make sure they get shipped properly.

100 – $991

200 – $1932

300 – $2873

400 – $3814

500 – $4805

Thanks, D. Alley, the Redheadeded

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by  redheadeded. Reason: FRIKING SPACING ISSUES! Why does the carriage return NEVER WORK! ARGH!
    • maryamsmarkers

September 5, 2021 at 5:48 am

Would it be feasible to send out a note asking all CBS members to contribute $25-$50 each to assist in covering these print cost? Adding a deadline to when the money is due (2-3 weeks prior to when the printer needs it to meet CBS deadline).

Maybe not actually creating the kickstarter account, if time/experience isn’t there for us but sending a link to a cashapp, paypal or that venmo – some account that will only be used for CBS comic book printing and CBS marketing cost? It wouldn’t hurt to ask the CBS community on the all member area.

• thesurrealari

September 1, 2021 at 7:13 pm

Put me down for 25 books.

• redheadeded

September 8, 2021 at 4:29 am

Ok I tried to reply to this on the 4th.. but I was not able to make it stick.

I have ordered 150 copies. So if anyone else would like a copy of the first printing.. cool.

I think as we finish the second book we should talk about the kickstarter and funded options for printing.. So who’s got suggestions on that? I’m all ears. 😉

Thanks,

D. Alley The Redheadeded

• philipspace

September 8, 2021 at 5:17 am

I’m willing to donate for books to be distributed at NYCC.

The only question I have is where/how do we send?

• maryamsmarkers

September 10, 2021 at 9:59 am

I’m interested in contributing as well and I’m giving input but I’m not getting any answers/response. Are my post visible?

• philipspace

September 10, 2021 at 8:44 pm

@maryamsmarkers your posts are visible, but I think we’re trying to work out the logistics at this point, and since we’re all volunteers there is the work-life balance to be negotiated.

Be patient, we’ll get there somehow!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now