Forums Forums Main Forum One of the Top Earners in Kickstarter History Leaving Platform Over Blockchain

• eldios

February 12, 2022 at 10:27 pm
    make icon Makes 0
    make icon 25 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

I like that she’s taking the risk of having her own site. I’m old enough to remember when having your own website & expecting people to visit your site & BUY YOUR WORK; wasn’t such an outlandish thing as it’s become. Unfortunately, she may not like Block Chain, but it’s the current & future path of the internet. Hey, I really don’t like it all as well, BUT I hold crypto & even have an NFT out there. I even understand her sentiment towards the environmental impact of Block chain tech. With that said, I question all parties involved actual knowledge of Block chain tech. I feel as if they both were just throwing the term “decentralized” around & actually not knowing if that is the working reality of the tech. Many cryptocurrencies boasted “decentralization” & the opposite proved to be the reality.

• buddyscalera

Administrator
      February 13, 2022 at 5:43 pm
      make icon Makes 8
      make icon 97 Forum Points
      CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

I agree with you @RICHelDIOS – Creators should wait until they see what the announcement means before making a decision. Of course, this creator Spike (I don’t know her) will be fine no matter where she goes. She has clearly built up enough of an audience that she will continue to be successful in the next platform she chooses. Other creators with a much smaller following may not fare as well.

I think creators with a smaller following should wait to see what Kickstarter does, assess the situation, and make a decision on which platform is best for them.

Nice find, @thesurrealari