Forums Forums Main Forum NYCC Motion Comic – Call for CBS members collaboration

• NYCC Motion Comic – Call for CBS members collaboration

Posted by vince on August 4, 2022 at 12:47 pm

T-minus 62 days to NYCC !

New York Comic Con will be here in two months, and it will be CBS’s time to shine!

2022 has seen so many great interviews on CBS YouTube, and our members have been busy creating stunning work – lets celebrate some of that!

From finished comics, to NFTs, to collaborative works, I am proposing producing a motion comic used on the big screen as ‘sizzle reel’ of what CBS is all about!

We are formulating a Google Chat meeting, & updates will be posted with an upcoming time & date – This will take place: Saturday or Sunday EST to start discussing what can be used, as well as the time duration of the motion comic sizzler video.

Meanwhile, please think of all the great moments this year, leading up to NYCC that we can add to the animation motion comic montage that will look great on the big screen!

Post comments and questions here in this thread, and stay tuned for more info!

For the ACTUAL execution of the animated MP4 sequence, I am donating my time to assemble the visuals in Adobe After Effects (and some other bells & whistles) and have it all ready for Buddy Scalera in good time for NYCC.

Thank you everyone!

Vince

@buddyscalera @jarrodelvin @mikedoestheart @krisburgos @redheadeded @philipspace @thesurrealari @andyseabert @evanscale @love @amandabrooks

krisburgos replied 1 hour, 29 minutes ago 7 Members · 49 Replies
  • 49 Replies
  • mikedoestheart

Administrator
    August 4, 2022 at 2:05 pm
    make icon Makes 6
    make icon 114 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: member icon Forum Scion

I’m in! I actually have content to contribute… lol

• philipspace

August 4, 2022 at 8:19 pm
    make icon Makes 7
    make icon 74 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

I suppose the question would be; what do you need, in what format, and by when?

• vince

August 6, 2022 at 12:44 pm
      make icon Makes 0
      make icon 24 Forum Points

@philipspace – I am looking to have all the assets and start working on this in September .. BUT – before then, I will make a post to have a collective Google Chat online with everyone who wants to contribute!

Stay tuned, and thanks so much

• buddyscalera

Administrator
    August 6, 2022 at 5:40 pm
    make icon Makes 8
    make icon 97 Forum Points

This is a good idea @vince – Thanks for jumping into the conversation @mikedoestheart & @philipspace – Also tagging @artsmermaid @redheadeded @dknigjht1980 @jarrodelvin

I submitted the panel proposals. I should hear back within a few weeks. It’s very smart to think in advance, since this sort of stuff takes a lot of time.

If anyone has links to examples that will spark the imagination, please add them here.

• mikedoestheart

Administrator
    August 6, 2022 at 11:30 pm
    make icon Makes 6

We should definitely include highlights such as Vince’s pirate NFT drop, tales beyond’s numerous appearances at street rests, the eternal con team shaking hands and kissing babies on the campaign trail interspersed with some of @philipspace ’s beautiful renderings (having his Gwen Stacy picture and sinister six pieces in particular would look stunning)… some necrotic panels in there… a panel or two from my BitterSuite comic… and then depending on the approved panels per Buddy, some fly ins about that…. I’m just spit ballin’

• vince

August 8, 2022 at 1:56 am
      make icon Makes 0

@mikedoestheart – Absolutely! tons of material to assemble. New post on formats, timelines etc this coming week Aug. 8/22

• vince

August 12, 2022 at 12:33 pm
    make icon Makes 0

Hello everyone,

Sunday Sept 4th – 8:00PM EST Google Chat to discuss creating a motion comic for this years NYCC !

STILL (flat) images of this years comic content to be animated into a cool MOTION COMIC for Comic Book School & Buddy’s stage panel.

JPEG, PNG, PDF formats are good, no Photoshop files*

A Google Drive Folder and release forms will be produced and shared in THIS POST.

Stand by for the invites! See you in September!

• mikedoestheart

Administrator
      August 12, 2022 at 12:38 pm
      make icon Makes 6

Good detail on what’s needed to get this to work. I already separated an aesthetically pleasing panel i thought would be good for the motion sequence. i made PNGs of each of the elements that can move, and made naming conventions for them. would that be okay to upload when the time comes?

• vince

August 12, 2022 at 7:59 pm
        make icon Makes 0

@mikedoestheart – awesome thanks for starting to wrangle your art for this!

Look forward to more input from our gang!! 🙂

• thesurrealari

September 5, 2022 at 6:03 pm
    make icon Makes 6
    make icon 15 Forum Points

Is it too late get my Ahoy! Comics story int there?

• vince

September 5, 2022 at 10:25 pm
      make icon Makes 0

hi A.A. Rubin – 🙂

The Google video chat has been delayed, as the Labour Day wknd is officially over –

in the meantime:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1PJw5JzO7B_uE61A5YlEVDMPGJao0AYPq?usp=sharing

Is a GOOGLE DRIVE folder where people can upload their imagery to be animated.

I haven’t yet made any release forms, and the Google Drive link is public – if those still interested to get your work up on stage, animated, for CBS’s panel at NYCC please upload your work!

@buddyscalera @mikedoestheart @philipspace @redheadeded and any one interested to submit flat JPGS, PDFs, PNG imagery for at short 15 second animated segment to highlight the efforts of the CBS community in time for NYCC, – please contribute!

Cheers, Vince

• mikedoestheart

Administrator
        September 6, 2022 at 1:00 pm
        make icon Makes 6

As we chatted about, i uploaded my part of it to the Google Drive already — @buddyscalera I also uploaded one of the pose NFTs to Vince’s google drive with some of the layers separated so he can add some movement to one of the cape poses that looked epic 😀

• philipspace

September 6, 2022 at 8:56 pm
        make icon Makes 7

I just added a bunch of JPEG‘s to the Google Drive, make use of them as you will. Let me know if there’s anything else I can do to assist.

• philipspace

September 6, 2022 at 8:58 pm
        make icon Makes 7

Also, I couldn’t for the life of me figure out how to upload a bulk file, so my apologies if it’s a ton of little things.

• vince

September 7, 2022 at 12:33 am
          make icon Makes 0

@philipspace – Awesome! Thank you, and no don’t apologise, I will have dozens (X10) of layers to move about in After Effects! Thank you so much for contributing.

I hope to announce proper Google Chat day here, as Sunday 4th was awol for many.

• buddyscalera

Administrator
    September 10, 2022 at 1:09 pm
    make icon Makes 8

Guys, I am just getting caught up on email and message board posts that I had to push to the side temporarily.

I have the three (3) panels that Comic Book School will host at NYCC. I plan to spruce them up this weekend and post the list.

Thank you so much for taking the lead. I really, really appreciate it.

Special hugs to @vince @mikedoestheart @philipspace & @thesurrealari for moving this forward.

• philipspace

September 10, 2022 at 6:40 pm
      make icon Makes 7

I was going to ask if you were going to cover “the Road to NYCC 2022” this Tuesday for the Comic Book School Live podcast?

• buddyscalera

Administrator
        September 11, 2022 at 8:52 am
        make icon Makes 8

I hadn’t even thought of that, @philipspace – This is a great idea, thank you.

• vince

September 15, 2022 at 3:25 pm
          make icon Makes 0

Hello All!

Ok, I am done (and recovered) from the TIFF film fest , here in Toronto. I was P.A. for press junkets and movie star interviews. I am now hot onto our NYCC motion comic assembly.

IF anyone has difficulty uploading to the Google Drive folder, please let me know!

email me or reply here in the thread. I think I can get a dirty dozen talented CBS members work flying into action and hope to have 1-2 trial screen tests before the big event, come Oct in NYC.

cheers

• thesurrealari

September 16, 2022 at 2:18 pm
    make icon Makes 6
    make icon 15 Forum Points

Uploaded the covers to the ahoy book I had a story in and to my own book which is releasing next week.

• vince

September 16, 2022 at 2:26 pm
      make icon Makes 0

Awesome @thesurrealari and @philipspace – et al, I am storyboarding and assembling the work submitting so far – think pop up style Marvel title sequences with a big ‘ol shiny CBS logo a la film studio look too. Looking forward to making everyone “shiny”! Cheers😎📸💎

• buddyscalera

Administrator
    September 18, 2022 at 3:23 pm
    make icon Makes 8

I hope to get the panels listed today or tomorrow. That should help with the motion planning.

I use PowerPoint for the show. That can run an MP4, so if we want to use them in the show, we can use them in the actual sessions! 😀

Tag: @artsmermaid @vince @thesurrealari @mikedoestheart @maryamsmark

• vince

September 18, 2022 at 5:02 pm
      make icon Makes 0

@buddyscalera – Perfect! Thank you, look forward to incorporating that info into the 15 second video

Cheers

• buddyscalera

Administrator
    September 18, 2022 at 8:35 pm
    make icon Makes 8
  • vince

September 19, 2022 at 12:02 am
    make icon Makes 0

@buddyscalera – Awesome! Fantastic line up for NYCC – excited to add these fine folks to the title slates!

Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday have different topics & panel guest line ups – Would head-shots or just name titles be best to showcase the line ups for each day?

Big thanks so far to @thesurrealari @mikedoestheart @philipspace for uploading their great art for me to animate. I will be adding the Anthology efforts artwork, NFT projects, as well.

If there are ANY outstanding types of offerings/projects/ that are worth showcasing in the animated motion comic for NYCC 2022 – give a should out! Looking forward to making this shine. Cheers all.

THURSDAY
    Page 1, Panel 1 – Comic Book Writing & Art Tutorial
    Thursday
    10/6/22
    2:30 – 3:30 PM

Speakers:
    Amanda Conner – Marvel, DC
    Jimmy Palmiotti – Marvel, DC
    Sean Chen – Marvel, Valiant
    Alyssa Kwitney – Vertigo, Ahoy
    Jamal Igle – DC, Ahoy
    Buddy Scalera – Marvel, Comic Book School

SATURDAY
    Creator Connection: Facilitated Professional Networking
    Saturday
    10/08/22
    8:00 – 9:00 PM

SUNDAY
    Editors on Portfolios Pitching and Professionalism
    Sunday
    10/09/22
    4:30 PM – 5:30 PM

Speakers:
    Lysa Hawkins – Valiant, Marvel
    Joe Illidge – Heavy Metal, DC
    Darren Sanchez – Marvel
    Nelson Decastro – Marvel, SVA
    Buddy Scalera – Marvel, Comic Book School

• vince

September 19, 2022 at 1:54 pm
    make icon Makes 0

@jarrodelvin – Lets get some of that amazing Aussie Down Under comic art on deck for the motion comic!

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1PJw5JzO7B_uE61A5YlEVDMPGJao0AYPq

Cheers Mate

• jarrodelvin

September 20, 2022 at 2:43 am
      make icon Makes 6
      make icon 75 Forum Points

Hi everyone! Sorry I am so late with this, but I have added some of my artwork to folders in the drive.

Big thanks to @vince for doing this, (and for prompting me)!

Can’t wait to see how it goes! 😀

• vince

September 20, 2022 at 5:03 pm
        make icon Makes 0

hey @jarrodelvin – Got em! Thanks for uploading your folders and files!

Cant wait to unpack them and add all this great talent, in the our ‘Members are Worldwide’ segment!

cheers

• vince

September 20, 2022 at 5:23 pm
    make icon Makes 0

Hello all – The Members Work section is being assembled and the title design at the bottom of the video is also being designed/animated.

For all your smiling faces, I shall need a nice quality mugshot that you would like to use – JPEG or PNG format is fine, HOWEVER: LARGER than 400 x 400 pixels in size please!

Why? The higher the resolution, the better you will look, on the big screen!

Mike Ponce has already donated his awesome profile pic – see screen-shot for how you and your main website or social handle will appear below.

Thanks !

@jarrodelvin @philipspace @thesurrealari @krisburgos @evanscale @redheadeded

• vince

September 22, 2022 at 12:55 pm
    make icon Makes 0

@philipspace – Need yer mugshot photo please 🙂 High quality, resolution, BIGGER than 400×400 pixels please.

upload to the google drive ! thanks

• krisburgos

September 25, 2022 at 12:49 pm
    make icon Makes 6
    make icon 66 Forum Points

@vince Hey man, been a rough few weeks and I’m finally looking at emails/forum stuff. Is it too late to get in on this??

• vince

September 25, 2022 at 1:13 pm
      make icon Makes 0

<font color=”#007cff”>@krisburgos There you are! Welcome to the party! 😀 for sure – ! </font>

<font color=”#007cff”>Upload to the Google Drive, a </font>good quality high res mugshot photo, and your work that you would like showcased. Zipped files are fine, but not Photoshop layers please. JPEG, PNG, PDF all good.

<font color=”#007cff”>This brings the “artists and writers” section of the rolling motion comic to about 18sec, I will send a timeline graphic to give people an idea of the concept length, too!</font>

<font color=”#007cff”>Thanks Kris</font>

• krisburgos

September 25, 2022 at 2:13 pm
        make icon Makes 6

Thanks @vince !

I posted a folder in the Google Drive. I didn’t know how much you needed, but there should be enough there.

• vince

September 25, 2022 at 2:16 pm
          make icon Makes 0

@krisburgos Awesome, thank you!

shall work on it super soon, cheers!

• vince

September 28, 2022 at 2:13 pm
    make icon Makes 0

Hey all,

Things are progressing nicely, a big thanks to our 5 talents who will have each 4/5 sec of their work animated for the big screen @krisburgos @thesurrealari @mikedoestheart @philipspace @jarrodelvin

The entire motion comic sizzle reel looks to run for a good 60 sec now, and at the end is a title card with everyone’s unique QR code for anyone in the audience with CBS to scan and check out.

Download this and test it out, with your cell camera away from your screen. Staggered QR codes you say?.. A: Yes – because that allows someone from 50-100 feet away to scan the code they want with enough space around it! Ha-ha*! *(evil Bond villain laugh)

@buddyscalera indeed has a clicker control unit to stop/start the MP4 video slide as its inserted into the PowerPoint. The very last slate, after this credit will be mine and a nod to the royalty free music used in the video.

Stay tuned folks! The final reveal I could do for Sunday or Monday – Oct. 2 or 3 – evening time, EST.

This will give enough time for any tweaks for the final run, and @buddyscalera time to test it out as well.

cheers V

• buddyscalera

Administrator
    September 28, 2022 at 2:17 pm
    make icon Makes 8

We had an update to the schedule. The panel on Thursday has a new TIME and ROOM.

https://www.comicbookschool.com/cbslive-9-20-22-nycc-22-panels-announced/

Tagging: @vince @mikedoestheart @philipspace

• vince

September 28, 2022 at 2:34 pm
      make icon Makes 0

@buddyscalera – Perfect, look forward to the final slate to use for the VERY beginning of the video, that can stay up on-screen before you hit ‘play’.

• vince

September 29, 2022 at 11:42 pm
    make icon Makes 0

Hey hey, the CBS Motion Comic for this NYCC is DONE!

This gives the man of the hour; Buddy Scalera, a good week and a bit to test drive this as a slide in PowerPoint and any last changes, are easily met.

Shall we do a Google Video Chat reveal? – time zones included – does the upcoming weekend of Oct. 1-2 work for everyone?? @jarrodelvin I believe you are 14 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time @philipspace I believe you are PST and 3 hours behind the east coast.

Thoughts everyone?

@buddyscalera @mikedoestheart @krisburgos @philipspace @thesurrealari @jarrodelvin

• krisburgos

September 30, 2022 at 12:18 am
    make icon Makes 6

That’s awesome @vince ! I’m free Sunday to see it.

Hey @buddyscalera , not sure if you know, the Creator Connection shows up fine in the NYCC app, however your other 2 panels are nowhere to be found. I was looking to bookmark them… but no dice.