• Nothing new under the Sun?

• C.M.

February 4, 2021 at 7:11 am
    make icon 20 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

As a “wannabe,” as a new creator, as a student of the medium I’ve debated a hundred ways to ‘brand my content’ or which publishing houses to attack to preserve creators’ rights. Purely for the purposes of the proposed anthology and as an example of “a stepping stone, a starting-place, a canvas with some underpainting” I’m… considering… setting the prompt within the universe of Jenny Everywhere, which is a loose framework provided entirely within the public domain.

Brilliant masterstroke? Well-intended mistake? Godawful misstep? Is “How do I not get sued into oblivion” the best plan I can make? Is it the worst? Chime in, I beg you all.

Cheers,

— C.

• redheadeded

February 21, 2021 at 3:20 am
    make icon 66 Forum Points

Hey C. M.

Here at Comic Book School, anything you post in the forums or Creator Connections Panel Anthologies, that you have created or used from public domain is yours, under your copywrite, and yours to keep. We do not take ownership of any of this material other than to publish it in the free anthology, and use samples for promotion of that anthology. You create it here you own the rights.

That said, Jenny Everywhere sounds like a promising framework for a story that you could work with for our “Time Inn” 8-Page Challenage #2 prompt. So, Could be a brilliant well-intended, godawful, best plan to make. Either way I doubt you will get sued from it if it is public domain. 😉

Looking forward to see what story ideas you come up with for Jenny Everywhere and the “Time Inn”.

Welcome to Comic Book School, and let us know if you have any questions about the legal bits, I’m happy to help out.

D Alley, the Redheadeded

• C.M.

February 22, 2021 at 1:55 pm
    make icon 20 Forum Points

Appreciate the reply. I was nervous I’d come off as too eager, I guess– notwithstanding, the one manual I have (… or had, maybe, I haven’t checked with intent since I moved) suggests a very screenplay-like formula for creating a script. While I can intuit the basics to a point, I’m also nervous about breaking conventions of prose-length and space?

What works best when writing for you all? “Long form, leave it to the editor?” Short-and-tight?

• redheadeded

February 22, 2021 at 11:21 pm
    make icon 66 Forum Points

Hey C. M.

We use a guide from the website to write the comics here, it’s a basic formula that works well for comic and comic writers. You have the option of the 8-page Comic, or the Flash Ficition, for which there are instructions on the website here: https://www.comicbookschool.com/8-pgchallenge-story-ideas/

And Flash Fiction is Here:

https://www.comicbookschool.com/flash-fiction-8pgchallenge/

Usually the flash fiction writers start a bit later on in the year. But I encourage you to sign up for the news letter and look over the website as there is a lot of information on how we are doing things for this book. Also check out some of the other story submissions in this forum ‘Story Ideas’ to get a better idea of what to post. This first step is just story Ideas, no major scripting or formating needed just yet, that comes later.. just put up your elevator pitch so to speak.

I will be putting mine up shortly. And thanks for asking questions! 😉

D Alley, the Redheadeded

• MisterAnderSiN

March 2, 2021 at 9:33 am
    make icon 68 Forum Points

When you get a second could you please fill out the form at the bottom of this page so we have all your info on file https://www.comicbookschool.com/creative-prompt-8-pg-challenge-2/

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now