Tagged: ,

• New Person Intro & Pitches

• Justin

April 29, 2021 at 6:59 pm
    make icon 20 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

Hi, I’m Justin. I live out in the country in Oregon. I’m a musician, writer and community organizer. I mostly write speculative fiction (SciFi and fantasy) but not exclusively. I have a couple science fiction short stories being published in the next couple months in BOMBFIRE and sledgehammer online magazines.

Theme – The Time Inn
    Idea #1:
    (Portal Fantasy) An inconspicuous roadside inn on the central Oregon coast is actually a portal hub on the interdimensional superhighway.

Idea #2:

A recently deceased anarchist discovers that they’ve made it into heaven. The only problem is that heaven is an authoritarian dictatorship that is ruled over with an iron fist.

Idea #3:

(SciFi) Androids in the hotel industry are fed up with the way humans treat them and go on strike. Their demands: more autonomy and dignity at work.

• jojabarker

May 5, 2021 at 9:50 am
    make icon 66 Forum Points

Welcome, and already you’re off to a great start!

All three got me chuckling, but especially number 2!!!

I’d be curious what kind of dictator you’re thinking of because I can see a twist where the “ruler” isn’t the original ruler…maybe even kinda fell into it and got power hungry?!

Either way, looks like you got some fun ideas. Kirbyspeed, my friend! ~Joel

• thesurrealari

May 24, 2021 at 7:59 pm
    make icon 59 Forum Points

Justin,

You have some nice pitches here. I am eager to see more. Are you planning on illustrating them yourself, or do you need to find an illustrator?

• thesurrealari

June 2, 2021 at 12:23 am
    make icon 59 Forum Points

@buddyscalera has made a partnership with an art school in Buenos Aires that will provide us with illustrators. The need at least a finished draft, though bc they need to get the work translated for their students. Will you have a draft finishined by the end of the week?

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now