Forums Forums 8-Page Challenge #2 8-Page Challenge #2 > Step 5 > Scripting & Revisions Mr. Stupendous In the clutches of Doctor When — Script

• Mr. Stupendous In the clutches of Doctor When — Script

• thesurrealari

March 30, 2021 at 7:15 am
    make icon 59 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

Here is the script. Given the nature of the story, and the fact that I’m working with multiple artists, the format is a bit different than my usual.

• Dave

March 31, 2021 at 6:55 am
    make icon 20 Forum Points

Really fun! I’m super impressed by the level of detail in here, and am excited to see this wild journey on the page.

Dave

• krisburgos

April 1, 2021 at 8:35 pm
    make icon 62 Forum Points

Zero character development… and I couldn’t care LESS. Everything about this comic has me excited, it’s truly an anachronistic extraordinaire! Wow. From the art styles fitting the different time periods, the period specific dialogue, to the narrator being involved with the story, and the pop culture shout outs (the doctor line was absolutely genius) as a writer, I’m very jealous of this one. Even the lack of character development is working with the story, because it’s reminiscent of a time when comics were just adventurous, swashbuckling ditties where one story had no affection on another. Reading it was also like watching the Chicken fights on Family Guy… no purpose, but incredibly fun to watch nonetheless.

This is also a chance for the artists to really show some skills. For the artists: Are the Periods go that take place in the Middle Ages and Shakespearean eras also going to have their own looks? Because I think it would be great (though challenging) to have the Middle Ages read like a colorful and beat up scroll (as monks were generally the only writers at the time) and possibly some Renaissance style realistic fine art painting for the Shakespeare stuff. Not sure if that’s been discussed, or if it’s possible but just an idea. Again, I’m super excited for this one, have fun guys and gal!

• thesurrealari

April 8, 2021 at 9:12 am

Thank you. That means a lot coming from you. I tried to get a number of Doctor Who references in there. I might also add some Stan Lee-style editorial captions to the Silver-Age page, but I want to see how the page looks first.

• thesurrealari

April 8, 2021 at 7:05 pm

I also like the idea of framing the renaissance and medieval pages with scrolls or illuminated manuscript style borders. Thank you for that suggestion.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now