Forums Forums Main Forum News for People Who Make Comics Motion Comics – Dead or Alive?

• Motion Comics – Dead or Alive?

• Vince

September 7, 2021 at 10:12 pm
    make icon 20 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

Ahoy all,

Do Motion Comics still hold special places in the heart these days? Are they a secondary option to the printed or digital comic version?

Crowdfunding trailers on KickStarter often need a splashy trailer to get you hooked on supporting the production, and there is some growth there.

But what about for the mid or entry level stories that could offer a motion comic version of said stories? Too expensive, time intensive?

For artists who are animators also, its a burning question. **My samples below.

https://youtu.be/7QuFmYlpyOg

• philipspace

September 8, 2021 at 2:47 am
    make icon 69 Forum Points

Well Vince, it looks to me like you definitely have some video production skills there.

As we have our second anthology coming up soon, would you be willing to donate some of your talents as we work to promote that? I suspect you could come up with a kickass trailer for it.

• Vince

September 13, 2021 at 4:35 am

hi Philipspace et al,

Hell’s yeah! I’m in! I’d love to do a fun wild motion comic, that’s be great.

Give me the low-down on when you’d need a final product, how long etc.

Let’s get the ball rolling Cheers 🙂

V

• comic-book-advocates-com

September 14, 2021 at 5:26 pm
    make icon 19 Forum Points

The real issue with motion comics is how to monetize them. But I wish you luck on this Journey

• Vince

September 14, 2021 at 9:18 pm

Truth there for sure, the DIY Crowd Funding route with promo trailers might be an opening to work with fellow comic artists looking to make a splash with their projects.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now