Forums Forums 8-Page Challenge #2 8-Page Challenge #2 > Step 7 > Pencils Roughs Lost Inn Repose – Pencil Roughs

• Lost Inn Repose – Pencil Roughs

• evan-scale

April 23, 2021 at 6:27 am
    make icon 15 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

Here are the rough pencils for Lost Inn Repose
    <a class=’bp-suggestions-mention’ href=’https://create.comicbookschool.com/members/jholder12/’ rel=’nofollow’>@jholder12

• philipspace

April 25, 2021 at 10:27 pm
    make icon 69 Forum Points

Dang. Looking really good thus far!

The only remark I would give pertains to the sword poking out of the panel on page 6. You might want to scale that back a hair so it doesn’t get clipped from the edge of the page. Also I would suggest “smoothing” the corners of the edge leading to the point. Otherwise great layout, great composition, and I’m looking forward to seeing more!

• XanderXero

April 27, 2021 at 2:19 am
    make icon 18 Forum Points

this looks awesome

• evan-scale

April 28, 2021 at 5:51 pm

Thank you @philipspace and @XanderXero
    Yes, the corners of the edge will be smoothed in the next step.
    Good point! I will certainly work on keeping the sword in the page, thanks!!

• jojabarker

May 5, 2021 at 8:35 am
    make icon 66 Forum Points

Great work! I honestly can’t add and/or critique because it’s evident through the tightness of your lines that you have a clear vision. One of my favorite panels is the window frame (if I interpreted that correctly?!) playing a duel role! I’m big on meta, so I look forward to seeing if there’s more of it I’m missing at this stage in the process. Kirbyspeed, my friend! ~Joel

• evan-scale

May 5, 2021 at 5:45 pm

Thanks!!
      Not sure which panel you mean. I have one that is of the Inn’s door (page 7). But maybe you are talking about the first panel on page 2 (where part of the bottom and sides of the frame are the wooden beams and steps of the Inn). Hopefully, I will make this a bit clearer in the tight pencils stage.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now