Forums Forums Main Forum JUDAS PRIEST – Screaming For Vengeance Graphic Novel Instagram video promo

• JUDAS PRIEST – Screaming For Vengeance Graphic Novel Instagram video promo

Posted by vince on December 20, 2021 at 6:25 am

@buddyscalera @redheadeded @jarrod-elvin @izmoney10000

Hello Metal Heads!

The upcoming Judas Priest inspired Graphic Novel; ‘Screaming For Vengeance’ sounds super cool, so here’s a fun 16 sec Instagram post that can be added to the CBS IG account in time for Tuesday!

I even sampled and did a heavy reverb on the first 16 sec of Rob Halford’s screaming vocals from the single. Yikes! lol

Add this to the Instagram account upload as a simple post, and ALSO share it to your reel as well, it will letterbox the top and bottom on IG, but it will appear in (hopefully) thousands of news feeds. Enjoy! πŸ‘Ύβš‘πŸ”₯πŸŽ™πŸŽΈπŸŽ€πŸ€©

redheadeded replied 11 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • izmoney10000

December 20, 2021 at 7:20 am
    make icon Makes 3
    make icon 23 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

Epic!

• redheadeded

Administrator
    December 20, 2021 at 8:19 am
    make icon Makes 6
    make icon 68 Forum Points

@Vince , this is awesome.

Notes: (they got long I apologize, but it’s cool now and I want it to be the coolest. Let me know if you disagree with anything below)…

Logo Frame:

– Put the lighting layer under the CBS Logo as it comes in. like it’s causing the lighting to shake strike.

– Do not enlarge the logo beyond the Text frame before the bulge.

– Made rather than fading in you bring in up from 0% scale in 3-5 frms? (See how that looks to you mabye with a bounce or reverb).

– After the bulge is done, let it sit for 10-15 frames before moving to the next image sequences so people can read that this is Comic Book School.

The Buddy Frame:

– Use the Blue Gradient Overlay for the background.

– Don’t use Orange on Black AND White on Orange, in the same frame, pick one style and vary the size for emphasis.

– If you are using a black dropshadow rather than our standard orange, defuse it a bit so it doesn’t look like a standard type set.

– Also shore up your leading and kerning.
    – Right justified looks really weird at that acute angle.
    – Can you see if there is a better way to layout that frame so it reads in a priority of informational importance?
    – The flare slash bubbles effect is not centered or placed purposefully, it becomes distracting from the text rather than adding to it.. see if you can repurpose it in the frame to emphasis the text instead.

– Spell “Nite” correctly or don’t use it.

– Let that button continue to rotate or come to a stop the reverse movement looks like an automated error.

The book shit is AWESOME SAUCE!

The Brian Pulido Frame:

– Use the Blue Gradient.

– On the orange banner use the standard frame font and type styling.

– Don’t use Orange on Black AND Black on white, in the same frame, pick one style and vary the size for emphasis.

– Move Brians name to the opposite side of the frame for better symetery
    – or offset Brians picture so the frame has an asymetrical balance.

The Brian Pulido Frame 2:

– The Transistion pops strangly.

– Either have the new Brian picture on top of the old and scale up from zero, or had the old Brian Picture scale down and out. the cut/switch is catching.

– The Orange on Black is not readable in this frame.

Same notes on Neil Kleid as Frame one Brian Pulido, Also what are those light flashes? why on only this one?

On second thought, remove the second Brian Frame altogether, and give the second two guys simliar transistions to enter or exit frame for a bit more consistancy.

Its’ flashy and cool but you don’t want it so flashy that the people watching in miss what we are trying to tell them.

End with the logo somehow, and move the “Live on Youtube, Twitter and Facebook” onto that frame.

Gimme a call, text or email with any questions.

Thanks,
    D. Alley, the RedheadedEd

(Acting Art Director of CBS… for now… MUAHAHAhahahahhssh .. hee.)

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by  redheadeded. Reason: Friking Line Spacing gosh darn it!
  • vince

December 21, 2021 at 5:54 am
    make icon Makes 0
    make icon 24 Forum Points

hello all –

@redheadeded – changes made! the new Judas Priest IG video spot is on a (super special)

CBS Google Drive folder, where I shall put video spots for the IG account.

I have made Buddy & D. Alley editors on the Drive folder, please share with anyone else who might need access, etc.

link is here, and public:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Ylvt1BPtC9hnhUlF0CqGoQOjNbAJZOZv?usp=sharing

• redheadeded

Administrator
    January 8, 2022 at 8:54 am
    make icon Makes 6
    make icon 68 Forum Points

You did Great! I loved it.

In the future, let’s try to keep the discussion for upcoming stuff that isn’t announced in the Graphics Group.

Also I’d love to talk about more videos for social let me know when you have time to talk it out. πŸ˜‰

D. Alley, the RedheadedEd