Forums Forums Main Forum Jamal Igle – Reviewing a script -Live Chat Tues. April 13th, 2021 @8pm

• Jamal Igle – Reviewing a script -Live Chat Tues. April 13th, 2021 @8pm

thesurrealari updated 3 months, 2 weeks ago 4 Members · 5 Posts
  • redheadeded

April 7, 2021 at 10:44 pm
    make icon 66 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

This forum is for the first live chat with Jamal Igle, on Tuesday April 13th, 2021 @8pm. We have created this message board for you to start asking questions and prepare for the chat. Also this fourm will be a place you can continue the conversation after the event.

Details on the live event will be found on the ComicBookSchool main website:
    Look for an upcoming announcement.

Tagging @buddyscalera @thesurrealari & @krisburgos

• jojabarker

April 14, 2021 at 9:40 am

That was a great event! I was pleased to see how active everyone was on the live chat thread. Some good questions came from it as well as Jamal covered aspects of the industry I hadn’t even considered to ask!

I had forgotten about the McCloud insight about how faster the action fewer the panels, slower the action more the panels. Jamal even put this into practice during the review!

Honestly can’t think of any questions at this moment, so just wanted to comment. Especially how important it is to keep an open line of communication. When Jamal mentioned that he might find something that could work better in the script that he’d propose it to the writer.

Lastly, most importantly, the stress on being open and teachable! What a great example for Jamal to learn lettering, not to become a Letterer but to better understand that job!!

• buddyscalera

Administrator
    April 14, 2021 at 11:36 pm
    make icon 108 Forum Points

You can find the full video here on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLNdN-l2j3M&t=1257s

Be sure to subscribe to the CBS YouTube channel.

• redheadeded

April 15, 2021 at 5:24 am

Jamal,

I just wanted to thank you for coming on our live stream, I learned a lot about the scripts and how you visualize things from the written format. That was some excellent chat about how to see the time in the comic as the pages turn, and I hadn’t ever visualized how the action panels move so fast like that when there are less over all panels to read. So thank you for all the great insights!

I was wondering when you read a script and talk to the artist, do you go back and forth on in the thumbs stages more than once? Especially starting out with a new editor/writer or is it usually a one and done, then you make any edits/changes as you go into roughs and so on..

I’m interested in any insights you have as we are all learning to make our comics the best they can be.

Thanks so much, again for everything!

D Alley, the Redheadeded.

• thesurrealari

April 20, 2021 at 7:46 am
    make icon 59 Forum Points

Jamal,

I wanted to thank you for your presentation as well. As I mentioned in a comment during the stream, it is so difficult for writers to find pros willing to do portfolio or script reviews. Thank you for providing our community members with this unique and valuable experience.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now