• Introduction and Flash Fiction Idea Pitch(es)

• LateNiteScholar

April 27, 2021 at 8:10 am
    make icon 17 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

Hi, I’m Emily and I write SFF (mainly), and I find I really love exploring really deeply into character-driven stuff. Anyways, here’s where my pitch(es?) are going to go.

-A bartender’s first day learning the ropes at the Time Inn, a bar/tavern/whathaveyou that was accidentally built in a place where spacetime is thin and thus exists/can be accessed by patrons from multiple worlds of the multiverse. Anyone ready the story ‘Dance Band on the Titanic’ from the anthology of the same name? On the off chance you have, think along those lines, kinda sort of.

• jojabarker

May 5, 2021 at 9:56 am
    make icon 66 Forum Points

Welcome, Emily! I’m getting some Doctor Who vibes (since I’m not familiar with the anthology you mentioned).

Also, seems like the bartender might first feel like they’re dreaming.

What I’d like to see is how other dimensional creatures will drive the bartender’s character growth?!

Looking forward to seeing who this bartender’s gonna meet. Kirbyspeed, my friend! ~Joel

• thesurrealari

May 24, 2021 at 8:01 pm
    make icon 16 Forum Points

Hi Emily,

I like this concept a lot and am curious about how your going to plot it. What story are you going to tell within this world you’ve created?

Also, have you found an illustrator with whom to collaborate?

• LateNiteScholar

May 26, 2021 at 4:33 am
      make icon 17 Forum Points

I’ve kind of being playing around with how I want to write this, and I think I’ve landed on how this person comes to be employed there, as the rest might go beyond my thousand words. I’ve already got some fun multiversal ideas going.

I haven’t found an illustrator yet, but I just posted in the team up! thread, so hopefully that’ll come to something. 😀

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now