Forums Forums 8-Page Challenge #2 Help Wanted!

• buddyscalera

Administrator
    February 5, 2021 at 4:27 pm
    make icon 108 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

Okay, gang! We need your help to get our next anthology created, edited, produced, and published. There are a lot of moving parts to publishing a comic AND running an online community.

Many of you have reached out to offer help, and I thank you for that.

Based on last year, @thesurrealari @redheadeded and I identified roles and/or tasks that would help all of us. The list is below.

Here’s the best part: We have room for all of you. If you want to volunteer for one or more tasks/roles, we can certainly use you. We can also use multiple people on each task. We’re all volunteers, so we all need to balance our real lives with our comic book lives.

As @MisterAnderSiN has mentioned in our meetings, this is your chance to build your resume and portfolio in comic books. These roles can be your first steps to breaking into comics as a pro.

Please reply in the thread below, if you would like to volunteer for a specific role/task.

Also, this is a professional community. If you see an opportunity to collaborate with someone else, you should do that. We welcome your self-organizing!

You may have questions. Put them in the response here and we will do our best to provide a timely answer. Also, as noted above, feel free to help each other.

(NOTE: I tried to embed this as an editable spreadsheet. I’m still learning the BuddyBoss theme, so for now, it’s just a screenshot.

• This discussion was modified 6 months ago by  buddyscalera.
  • kpei137

February 5, 2021 at 5:29 pm

not sure if this applies to me but I would like to keep my position as tech lead or drop down to tech support as well as mod the youtube channel or mod the message boards. so basically what I am saying is anything in the tech category and in communications for moderating, I would be happy with.

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by  kpei137.
    • buddyscalera

Administrator
      February 5, 2021 at 7:39 pm
      make icon 108 Forum Points

Sounds good @kpei137 . We should plan what happens in the summer. We’ll want to have continuity, so let’s plan for that.

• kpei137

February 5, 2021 at 7:48 pm

Yes I agree that we should plan on what happens this summer. If I could get someone to co-chair the tech committee with me I could make them interim tech lead in my absence and then come back in late August to see what has happened. I’ll bring that up in the call this weekend with the council and we can go from there.

• C.M.

February 6, 2021 at 3:15 am
    make icon 20 Forum Points

While I don’t necessarily trust myself to edit another’s work without inserting my own authorial voice/biases, I’d be more than happy to proof and spell-check.

• mrkylerose

February 6, 2021 at 11:40 pm
    make icon 70 Forum Points

I like to throw my hat in for lead Designer. I have a BFA in graphic design, more than a decade of experience working as an art director and graphic designer for ad agencies primarily doing print. My design portfolio is at kylerosedesign.com.

• dlukenelson

February 6, 2021 at 11:40 pm

Could do the assistant editing job.

• MisterAnderSiN

February 7, 2021 at 4:11 am
    make icon 68 Forum Points

Internal communications sounds like someone who has to go around making sure things are getting done. That sounds fun.

• Jeff_Rider

February 7, 2021 at 4:22 am

Editing is something I’ve really wanted to get more involved with when it comes to comics. I’ve written and self-published a couple of comic series, I’ve made more than a dozen short comics on top of that, and every editor I’ve worked with has been a real inspiration. It’s something I’d really love to take a shot at.

• sebastianbonet

February 7, 2021 at 5:46 am

I don’t mind helping out with event coordination and assisting the lead designer. I am currently doing this over at Inbeon as the event show runner for the con and hosting CACN zoom meetups.

• sebastianbonet

February 11, 2021 at 10:41 am

Hello yes, I know I was looking to help out with back end stuff. Unfortunately I have to bow out due to personal reasons before being asked or assigned anything. I am still participating in the anthology, I unfortunately can’t help with any additional task regard help wanted roles.

• victord2

February 8, 2021 at 12:21 am
    make icon 19 Forum Points

Hello All!

I specialize in writing 8pg stories, so I don’t mind offering any editorial help for anyone that may need it. If you’d like to check my curriculum vitae, let me know your intended readership age and I’ll send you a sample!

Cheers,

Victor

• evolver

February 8, 2021 at 6:01 am
    make icon 18 Forum Points

im happy to do the task i did last time – read all the submissions and prepare summaries for the site and promotion. i can also pull the panels for promo in that process.

• ASAP

March 24, 2021 at 9:02 am
    make icon 18 Forum Points

If you need any help with production work or layout or design, hit me up. I’ve been the one who puts together all of the books for Wayward Raven Media, from coordinating with artists to collect finished artwork, to submitting files to printers or Comixology, to even doing page layouts.

I’ve also touched up lettering for a particularly well-known letterer without his knowledge because he’s too busy sometimes. Keep this between you and me!

Also, for my day job, I’m a software engineer and squad lead, so I’m frequently coordinating between project managers, engineers, and other technical folks, so I could help out with project management or technical lead in a pinch. I’m a little out of date on WordPress, but I know enough to hate it and have been running a WordPress webcomic for nearly 9 years now.

• jojabarker

March 28, 2021 at 9:19 am
    make icon 66 Forum Points

Joel here, how can I help? I’m always looking to learn, so wherever I’m most needed let me know. In addition, Communications especially PR/Media Relations Assistant and/or Social Media Coordinator seem to be areas where my learning curve might be less steep.

My time with Creator After-Con Network gave me the experience in signal boosting across both Instagram and Twitter. Furthermore, it’s been quite helpful that a lot of platforms most recently are following Gmail’s lead in scheduling “posts” because most of my contribution will have to be during the witching hours.

I say this because it’ll allow me to do the work when I can make the time, but the rest of the world will be none-the-wiser when the posts show up during peak hours i.e. lunch break(s)! Looking forward to help where, and how I can ~Kirbyspeed

• andresbriano

April 1, 2021 at 1:34 pm

If you do not have a Production Manager yet, I’m your man!

Viewing 1 - 13 of 13 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now