Forums Forums 8-Page Challenge #2 8-Page Challenge #2 > Step 6 > Thumbnails & Revisions Hard Knocks at the Good Time Inn Thumbnails

• Hard Knocks at the Good Time Inn Thumbnails

• philipspace

April 6, 2021 at 5:26 am
    make icon 69 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

Page thumbs for 1-8. Page 1 at this point is a brief montage of the events that set the stage for the story. Still subject to revision in collaboration with @psychophipps

• MisterAnderSiN

April 8, 2021 at 12:43 am
    make icon 68 Forum Points

Can you put the script in here so we have a way to compare it?

• redheadeded

April 23, 2021 at 1:19 am
    make icon 66 Forum Points

Hey Philip,

Thanks for posting! I can see there is a lot of thought going into each panel, but it is hard to tell at this point how the pages will read, I’m interested to see your roughs, and how the explosions and dialog will lead the readers eye through the page.

Please let us know if you do revisions!

Thanks,
    D Alley, the Redheadeded.

• philipspace

April 25, 2021 at 9:39 pm
      make icon 69 Forum Points

Thanks for commenting!

At this point the trick is going to be keeping the story from becoming too violent (something I wouldn’t want too much of anyway) or keeping what violence there is “off-panel”. In the context of this story the Team are using stun technology to avoid having the local militia come down on them. Specifically the “bad guys” have devices monitoring their vitals, any deaths will result in the mission going from a “covert” to an “overt” operation, and the Team having to fight for their lives to escape hostile territory.

<a class=’bp-suggestions-mention’ href=’https://create.comicbookschool.com/members/psychophipps/’ rel=’nofollow’>@psychophipps and I were initially discussing a bigger story overall, but our intention at this point is to bookend the 8-page Hard Knocks story later on with a chapter before and a chapter after at some point once this project is complete. 10 pages would have given us a little more leeway to better establish the characters, but 8 pages is fine too.

The world we created that this story happens in was something we developed a long time back, and at one point we were using it as the basis for role-playing game campaigns in our respective locations. The challenge right now is both introducing readers to the setting and characters, as well as winnowing out extraneous information to create an enjoyable and dynamic tale.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now