Forums Forums Main Forum Happy Batman day! What’s your favorite Batman story?

• Happy Batman day! What’s your favorite Batman story?

buddyscalera updated 3 weeks, 5 days ago 4 Members · 4 Posts
  • thesurrealari

September 18, 2021 at 9:27 pm
    make icon 59 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

Happy Batman day, folks. What’s your favorite Batman comic? Mine is probably Year One, by Miller and Mazzuchelli (I think mazzuchelli is one of the more underrated artists in comic book history). I am also partial to the The Animated Series. My favorite episode is probably Tiger, Tiger.

• krisburgos

September 21, 2021 at 6:45 am
    make icon 62 Forum Points

The New 52 Batman run by Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo was epic. Capullo’s art really redefined his work and Snyder’s storytelling reshaped Batman in a way that made me appreciate him more than I had before. What he did in reimagining Joker and getting the reader to question whether the Joker will always be here because he’s an immortal force of nature truly made my head spin. And making it so that Gotham City itself understood that it needed a Batman and got involved in who was to pick up the slack if Batman ever left… genius.

• philipspace

September 22, 2021 at 12:40 am
    make icon 69 Forum Points

Batman #400.

Pretty much a quintessential batman story, by a who’s-who of comics masters.

• buddyscalera

Administrator
    September 24, 2021 at 4:59 pm
    make icon 101 Forum Points

There are quite a few great Batman stories. But for me, the best single story was “The Killing Joke” by Alan Moore and Brian Bolland.

It is creative, shocking, funny, and fully 100% Batman.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now