Forums Forums Main Forum Great YouTube Advice Channel

• Great YouTube Advice Channel

maryamsmarkers updated 6 days, 12 hours ago 2 Members · 6 Posts
  • maryamsmarkers

September 11, 2021 at 8:36 pm
    make icon 71 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

WATCH NICK’S LIVE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV73tAz6jVE&ab_channel=NickNimmin

Morning friends,

I’ve been pretty transparent on my strengths and weakness –> video/youtube is my weak area. In a world going video/virtual I’d like to get better on it. Some how I stumbled on Nick Nimmin’s channel. Watching him live today, he gives plenty of advice of youtube strategies. And you can ask him questions. He has a feature on to collect funds from questioners (monetize – range $5-$400). Which I thought could be a great way to earn money for anyone, but CBS specifically. Thinking since Buddy’s already has done Writers Portfolio reviews, it could be a possibility. Money could be used to cover CBS cost – website, hosting, printing, marketing materials, food, (lol) etc. Nick is still live now. He also has a facebook page – there’s 3 questions to get in – the first ask if you are a paid member – I have no clue how anyone becomes a paid member – I just found the dude but he gives announcements to join the group, ask questions, intermittently throughout his live. PS: He’s still live streaming now. @buddyscalera @redheadeded @kpei137 @thesurrealari @thedreamer @mrkylerose

WATCH NICK’S LIVE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV73tAz6jVE&ab_channel=NickNimmin

NICK’S FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/groups/nimminati

• buddyscalera

Administrator
    September 12, 2021 at 7:43 am
    make icon 103 Forum Points

Wow, nice find @maryamsmarkers – I remember watching a few of Nick Nimmin’s videos when I was getting started.

I didn’t really notice that he has a paid feature, but now that you mention it, I see it. This is actually a really good find. I need to watch some of these videos. Thank you!

• maryamsmarkers

September 13, 2021 at 12:27 am

I didn’t know that was even a thing on youtube. Yes, give it a go. I did buy a question, both for advice that you already gave and to actually see how that financial part works. It seems like a sliding scale and depending on the amount of characters, the fee is more. Probably can control the settings of monetization too. I think you should try that out for sure Buddy. You offer great advice. @buddyscalera

• maryamsmarkers

September 13, 2021 at 12:29 am

Just wondering if we will have any more Google Meets, for members? To come on as a group to video chat together – get some of the word out on the challenge needs, that way and to still keep our regular hellos going between us as a CBS group. @buddyscalera

• buddyscalera

Administrator
        September 14, 2021 at 7:32 pm
        make icon 103 Forum Points

I don’t know. I am always happy to meet with the group. Attendance has been very low.

That said, if a few of us want to get together, I will start scheduling them again.

What do you think @maryamsmarkers ?

• maryamsmarkers

September 19, 2021 at 5:49 am

Yea I think it would be great to meet with the group. Give the group updates, engage with them directly, and ask them what are they up to – a great way to pull in those who haven’t done the challenge – ask what are they doing instead, and how the CBS can be a support system and vice versa. Even asking them to share out the next events on Tuesdays along with maybe giving the members a chance to see each other. Ask them what would they like/need to see on our Youtube channel too. That would totally help get some extra insight – could build out for the next year, possibly. If the next challenge start dates are near, mention that so members can schedule it and maybe make another hashtag. Get some CBS student voices – make it a monthly or bi-monthly meeting so those of us who originally joined the CBS community can still stay included beyond the message boards.

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now