Forums Forums Main Forum Getting Together at NYCC 2021

• Getting Together at NYCC 2021

thesurrealari updated 2 weeks, 2 days ago 11 Members · 24 Posts
  • buddyscalera

Administrator
    July 13, 2021 at 6:46 am
    make icon 101 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

Everyone: I have not yet heard back from NYCC regarding the CBS panels. Traditionally, they have had the educational panels on Thursday. I have no idea how many pros, passes, or anything.

• What are your thoughts about getting together during and after the show?
    • Where should we meet?
    • What would we like to do?

Tag: @redheadeded @thesurrealari @krisburgos @maryamsmarkers @MisterAnderSiN @mikedoestheart @jeff-rider @james-mcgill @george-dawkins-ii @artsmermaid @andy-seabert @jholderarcaneink @jojabarker @josh-dahl @kpei137 @sire64

• evolver

July 13, 2021 at 6:50 am
    make icon 18 Forum Points

ill be there on thursday. so im down to meet up for sure, either during or afterward.

• redheadeded

July 28, 2021 at 12:57 am
      make icon 66 Forum Points

Ok now I feel bad, I had to look up who you were cause I didn’t remember the username! *blush, I am a horrible friend. OR I have a really crap memory. You decide. πŸ˜‰

Either way it will be so good to see ya Kristian, and I can’t wait to talk music, comics and animation!

D. Alley, the Redheadeded.

• thesurrealari

July 13, 2021 at 7:32 am
    make icon 58 Forum Points

I think we should do a Comic Book School dinner after the show one day. We usually do the networking event at Twins on Thursday and Saturday, so either leading into one those, and then walk over to Twins together, or maybe a different night so it could run longer.

• mikedoestheart

Administrator
      July 13, 2021 at 6:40 pm

I’m honestly looking to you guys for guidance on which day would be best to have the greatest chance of being there for both the day with longest CBS panel as well as any post-meetup. I’d like to meet as many of y’all in person as I can :).

• redheadeded

July 28, 2021 at 12:48 am

Hey @mikedoestheart

I know Buddy will update as soon as the days are confirmed, but those of us that can make the dinners and such will be glad to see ya whatever day you attend!

D. Alley, the Redheadeded

• MisterAnderSiN

July 14, 2021 at 12:16 am
    make icon 68 Forum Points

I would love but depends on my travel plans

• artsmermaid

July 16, 2021 at 4:06 am
    make icon 69 Forum Points

If you still need someone to help out @buddyscalera , you know I will totally be down :))

• thesurrealari

July 16, 2021 at 5:45 pm

A friend of mine has a connection here. It might be good if we want a sit-down dinner.

https://etcetcnyc.com

• redheadeded

July 28, 2021 at 12:45 am

@thesurrealari

That place looks nice and close, but super fancy? NYC is already pretty expensive to some of us “out-of-towner’s” can we afford it? and are they gonna be ok with us laughing it up or do they have a party room?

Not knocking it it looks nice!

• george-dawkins-ii

July 18, 2021 at 9:43 am
    make icon 70 Forum Points

I put a reservation on Lyte, so currently there’s no guarantee that I’ll make it. Hopefully I will, and if I do I’m open for anything.

• james-mcgill

July 19, 2021 at 8:54 pm

Hey Buddy, I can’t do it this year. I usually stay with my grandparents and with Covid, they are being very careful. So I cannot stay with them this year. I also don’t have the money to stay at a hotel just yet. So I will have to only be available for next year…hopefully.

Sorry.

James

• redheadeded

July 28, 2021 at 12:37 am

Sorry to hear we will miss you James but gives us another reason to look forward to next year!

• redheadeded

July 28, 2021 at 12:53 am

I will be there for the week, I am down for whatever.. and if anyone wants to hang out I am up for it.. πŸ™‚ I am pretty good at getting around in the city since I used to live there (covid changes not withstanding).

Also, if anybody needs help with planning anything let me know I am still pretty good with deals and helping to booking travel, or if we have a couple people who don’t mind sharing, travel and hotels are always cheaper in pairs.

I don’t mind driving either for my southern comic book neighbors. Just keep in mind I am usually there Monday to Monday. But I have a lot of family in the area if we need to bunk up before and after the offical con days.

• kpei137

September 7, 2021 at 6:43 pm

literally just saw this now, I am down to meet everyone, I am free that week anyway except for thursday when I have class. If we still need a meeting place, I know of a place that we can go to. If we need people to man a table, I am down for that too

• thesurrealari

September 20, 2021 at 10:01 pm

The Creator After Con Meetup at Twins is Friday, October 8th at 830pm. It tends to run until they kick us out.

• thesurrealari

October 5, 2021 at 7:26 pm

Does anyone know if we have to preregistration for the Twins event? With the restrictions in place for Covid, will they be limiting the numbers for our group?

Viewing 1 - 12 of 12 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now