• Glen

April 24, 2021 at 1:32 am
    make icon 19 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

Hello my name is glen, I write comics, but have never published. I like write science fiction and dabbled with horror. While I am used to writing comic scripts, I would love to expand into prose fiction. I have three ideas.

Idea #1.
    Science Fiction
    This is story about two people who are a part of the space colony. They are stranded somewhere in space and time. They have to share a world with dinosaurs, and they are crappy neighbors. These two are learning that fact hard way as they set up a perimeter fence to keep their colony safe.

Idea #2
    Horror/ Urban Fantasy
    Big Foot, a Bat Boy like creature and the clone of Elvis are setting a trap for the journalist who spent decades covering them in his tabloid. They wait for him at the Time Inn bar, in Rachel Nevada. He shows up, they confront him asking why he doesn’t write about them anymore. The journalist explains to them: One, print is dead, and not only is print dead, he is too.

Idea #3.
    Three fighter pilots meet at bar so they can drink to their fallen comrade at her favorite bar, the Time Inn. They go over how she disappeared fighting a giant monster who was attacking their city. The surviving pilots repelled the creature and the missing pilot chases after it. As the bar closes, the fallen pilot shows up to say “Not only am I not dead, this is the wrong bar” they stick her with the bill.

I would love to hear some feed back and if there is an artist out there that would love to work on any of my stories. Please drop me a line.

• Ted

April 27, 2021 at 5:46 am
    make icon 17 Forum Points

All of these are good and probably lend themselves to illustration. I’ll leave that for the artists to comment on. Idea 2 amuses me, just for the scene with Big Foot, Bat Boy, and Elvis sitting around, complaining.

• Glen

April 27, 2021 at 6:13 am

Thanks, every bar idea of mine feels like a filthy rabbi and a priest walking to a bar type of scenario joke. So I figure lean into the comical potential of it.

• Glen

April 27, 2021 at 7:49 am

Also, with the fighter pilot story I am leaning toward setting in Japan around the mid 1960’s. Now that I think this story would work better as a comic.

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now