Forums Forums Main Forum Falcon and The Winter Soldier Discussion Thread

• Falcon and The Winter Soldier Discussion Thread

thesurrealari updated 3 months, 1 week ago 6 Members · 8 Posts
  • thesurrealari

March 19, 2021 at 7:42 am
    make icon 59 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

Comic Book School community, this is your place to discuss the new Marvel Disney+ show. Fair warning, spoilers likely, comment after you’ve watched the current episode.

• buddyscalera

Administrator
    March 19, 2021 at 6:53 pm
    make icon 108 Forum Points

Looking forward to watching this today. Previews on the Disney+ website.

https://disneyplusoriginals.disney.com/show/the-falcon-and-the-winter-soldier

Tell us what you think of the show!

• mikedoestheart

Administrator
    March 24, 2021 at 8:12 am

Loved the premiere — As a character, the Falcon has always had a lot to prove to me cinematically, and this set a decent foundation to find out more. And him not being as perfect as Cap is something that will consistently make every situation unique for me.

I’m weary about Bucky’s story tbh– I love the winter soldier’s edginess, so I’m interested to see how his story will progress. So far so good… i just want to see him really break out here.

Can’t wait for Friday’s episode!

• sebastianbonet

March 25, 2021 at 7:38 am
    make icon 20 Forum Points

We are going to do recaps on the nerds of the rounds on Tuesdays.

• krisburgos

March 25, 2021 at 9:14 am
    make icon 62 Forum Points

I loved the premier. The problem with the films in general, and this goes with every comic film, characters who’ve had YEARS of background and history have to be trimmed to a mainstream-friendly 2 hours. What’s so special about comics, is that despite being 20-24 pages, they are actually longform stories. Sure, the one-shots can be great, but its those long arcs that really get readers invested because they go hard on the character building. The fact that this show is making both of these characters deal with their “normal” problems, I felt Marvel is taking a step in the right direction to truly build these characters in a way similar to their comic versions. WandaVision didn’t do it because the entire story was a fantasy and the characters were shoehorned into sitcom situations with episodic limitations that weren’t truly serialized and HOW the story was told took over WHAT was being told. I think F&WS however could prove to be what takes Marvel in a new direction completely and have their characters go longform in their stories. This is something DC has already done for Titans, Doom Patrol and their Arrowverse all of which are fun, but having a short season, 6-8 episodes, could be the key to trim the fat, AND (that’s right, I’m gonna say it) Marvel’s characters are more relatable (aka better 😜) because they’re meant to be more human/everyman(woman) than the DC characters.

• redheadeded

April 17, 2021 at 1:04 am
      make icon 66 Forum Points

I still sick to the adage, that Marvel characters are the everyman that are suddently thrown into the world of the godlike power/responsiblity and have to sink or swim (Thor being the exception) and DC is the powerhouse of GODs and those powered similar having to learn humanity (Batman being the exception).. I find both sets of characters fansiating for just those reasons.. there are relatable sitcuations in both releams because as humans who struggle for control and acceptance in our own lives we deal with many of the same types of issues.

The Falcon and Winter solder are interesting to me because they have both been taught NOT to lead, not to be seen, or wait for orders from a ‘superior’ officer.. so to speak. But now they can’t in good conscious follow anyone but Cap. So I’m intereted to see how it works out.

I”m only two episodes in,, so I’ll catch up. Promise.

D Alley, the Redheadeded.

• sebastianbonet

April 23, 2021 at 3:37 am
    make icon 20 Forum Points

We have been covering on Nerds of the round. It has been a pretty interesting show in how they address the current climate and how they are making Sam out to be similar to Steve. That Sam is going to be the Captain America for every one. The relationship between him and Bucky and the running joke going around the internet is how Sam is about to get a new brother in law. The shows from what I can see is setting up a lot for the MCU that they couldn’t do in the movies. We are getting a new Falcon with the intro of Joaquin Torres and we also now have Valentina Allegra de Fontaine in play. As a fan I am excited what they are doing and the stories they are telling.

• thesurrealari

April 24, 2021 at 6:34 am
    make icon 59 Forum Points

Not directly related to the show, but here’s a blog post I posted today about my failed attempt to find Truth: Red, White & Black (Isaiah Bradley’s story) in any reasonably priced print edition.

https://aarubin.wordpress.com/2021/04/23/is-marvel-making-a-mistake-by-not-re-issuing-truth-red-white-black-in-conjunction-with-the-falcon-and-the-winter-soldier/

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now