Forums Forums 8-Page Challenge #2 TEAM UP! Creator Connections – The Online Version #1

• TEAM UP! Creator Connections – The Online Version #1

buddyscalera updated 3 weeks, 6 days ago 22 Members · 28 Posts
  • buddyscalera

Administrator
    February 7, 2021 at 8:21 am
    make icon 112 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

Making connections is as important now as it was before the pandemic. Maybe even more important.

We are going to do our best to make some connections right here on the forums. The idea here will be similar to what we do at live events. Just different.

You will fill out the small guide that I have provided below. After 1 week, our editors @thesurrealari & @redheadeded will help me pair people for direct introductions. We will give you guidelines on how to connect and what to do next. Simple, safe, and fun.

Copy this and paste it as part of your personal introduction.

• Hi, I am [your name here].
    • I am a [writer, artist, inker, colorist, letterer, editor, etc.].
    • I am looking to work with…[writer, artist, inker, colorist, letterer, editor, etc.]. **NEW**
    • The kinds of stories I like include [horror, sci-fi, retro, superhero, biographical, etc.].
    • My goal in the next 1-3 years is to [self-publish my own comic, break in at Marvel/DC/Image, create something that is ready for Hollywood, etc.].
    • Here is a link to something that I [wrote, drew, inked, colored, etc.].
    • Here is an image or story that I [wrote, drew, inked, colored, etc.] (One attachment only.)

(Note to all: Please keep all comments, conversations, and links Rated PG and professional.)

Before you click “post” be sure to check the box “notify me of replies via email.”

Oh, and one more thing, we will be experiencing this experiment in networking in real time together. Let’s have fun.

Buy the ticket, take the ride.

And edited Message From Dee Alley, the Redheadeded:

OK Guys Here is the extra two cents:

This is the Team Ups page for the 8 pg Challenage #2, year 2021, Panel 2 Anthology... so please do more than just drop your own links and wait for someone to find you.. make the connection. 🙂
    – Do so by responding to other posts

• If you are a writer looking for artists and letterers… comment back! That’s how connections are made.
    • If you are an artist looking to work with a writer, read some of the other posts on here go to the links, and reach out to the people you’d like to work with…

• Meet each other! Make friends! Join teams!

This is how comics get made; and please respond here in the forums (avoid email chains when possible) so we can see who is covered, who has a team, and who might still need help. These forums are for you all to talk to each other. Let’s see some conversations going and get these teams and comics made.

If you are new and want a guiding hand, Rob’s Team “The New Mutants” is listed here:

https://create.comicbookschool.com/forums/topic/the-creative-new-mutants/

Some guidelines:

– Please be clear about what you are offering, and what you can commit to.

Remember this is a challenage with and between community members, not a job, we are here to learn and make friends. So let’s keep it on good terms!

– Post here in this thread if you need help in a certain area, or if you are offering help in certain areas.–

This is part of the 8 page challenage, not a job board, if you are looking to pay or get paid we will have a different board for that.

Let us know if you have any questions! And let’s start making connections!

Dee Alley the Redheadeded

• This discussion was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  redheadeded. Reason: Clarifications

The CREATIVE NEW MUTANTS

• Jeff_Rider

February 7, 2021 at 10:19 am
    make icon 20 Forum Points

Hi, I am Jeff Rider. I am a writer and aspiring editor (more on that later.) The kinds of stories I like to read are all over the map when it comes to genre, but I gravitate to grand scale sci-fi, and action-adventure. My goal in the next 1-3 years is to write for Marvel, something with X- in the title. That’s my LIFE goal, I think.

Here is a link to something that I wrote it’ll be on Kickstarter soon, and then the link will redirect to the page that features the book. http://www.MajHolmes.com

Here is an image of the cover of Major Holmes and Captain Watson #4, a series I wrote and edited. Since it’s creator-owned (for now) I didn’t have much choice but to handle the editors job, and I like it. I’m hoping to do more of it for other people in the future.

<

p class=””>

• george-dawkins-ii

February 8, 2021 at 1:53 am
    make icon 70 Forum Points

Hi, I am George Dawkins II.

I am a writer.

The kinds of stories I like include superhero, action, and fiction in general.

My goal in the next 1-3 years is to take my own comic, The Desert Fox, to a prominent level along with any of my other ideas that I’m able to get published.

Here is a link to the website for my comic: https://desertfoxcomic.weebly.com/

Here is the cover for my comic’s 3rd issue.

• C.M.

February 8, 2021 at 3:49 am

<div>Hi, I’m Chris Schwab.

I am an aspiring writer!

The kinds of stories I like include mainly superhero and sci-fi, with a minor in fantasy.

My goal in the next 1-3 years is to break into commercial comic books. (I often say my dream assignment is to be given free reign on the character at a company who’s gone the longest without a published book!)</div><div>

As for the last bit, I could show art I’ve made or stories I’ve submitted but were rejected, but I’m really just here to take suggestions, learn, hone aspects of the craft and pitch in where I can.

EMAIL: idreaminbronze@yahoo.com

TWITTER: @ChristopherSch7

</div>

• kpei137

February 8, 2021 at 4:37 am

Hi, I am [Kevin].I am a writer. The kinds of stories I like include Super Hero and Biographical . My goal in the next 1-3 years is to self-publish my own comic, create something that is ready for Hollywood, etc. Here is a link to something that I [wrote, drew, inked, colored, etc.].Here is an image or story that I [wrote, drew, inked, colored, etc.] (One attachment only.)

• evolver

February 8, 2021 at 6:08 am
    make icon 19 Forum Points

Hi, I am Kristian. I am a writer/artist. The kinds of stories I like include horror/sci-fi. My goal in the next 1-3 years is to increase my self-publishing and create cross-over projects .Here is a link to something that I wrote/drew: https://www.comicbookschool.com/titles/creator-connection-panel-1-anthology/the-unfixed-man-part-of-creator-connection-panel-1/.

• Bauldeury

February 8, 2021 at 3:54 pm

<div>Hi, I am Bauldeury.
    </div><div>I am an artist.

The kinds of stories I like include sci-fi, fantasy, war-drama.

My goal in the next 1-3 years is to start and finish some shorts projects, and maybe even have them published.

Here is a link to a personal growth comic project I’m doing alone : link

Here is a cover of my comic that I drew :

</div>

• MisterAnderSiN

February 14, 2021 at 12:47 am
      make icon 69 Forum Points

Do you know about our NEW MUTANT GROUP for the challenge? I am putting together the new creators and helping them work together. Are you looking for a writer this go around?

• Polygeekism

February 17, 2021 at 9:05 am

Hey Bauldeury. I am brand new here to the forums, but if you are looking for a writer to work with I would like to connect and see if we can come up with something that you would like to draw and I can help craft a compelling story for.

• aesthetic-derelict

February 9, 2021 at 12:09 am

Strange. It seems my reply from earlier was deleted or something. I know I posted it ,because I’m seeing replies, but the post itself has vanished.

Once again, I’m Bolu Oriowo.

I work primarily as an artist, though working on my own projects has led me to wear the hats of writer, colorist, letterer and editor.

I used to greatly prefer superhero stories, though nowadays I greatly enjoy adventure stories with sci-fi, fantasy or horror twists. Anything with that allows a level of dynamic action, emotion and expression.

I’m hoping to get my next graphic novella written and for some work of mine to be published in the next couple of years, in addition to finishing my animation degree.

One story that I like to link is my first graphic novel, Letters from Midia. It is something of a love story told primarily through fight scenes, as I like to describe it. It has elements of Jack Kirby style action, Samurai Jack thrills, Legend of Zelda video game logic and worldbuilding, and a hefty dose of Moebius influenced silent comic storytelling.

It can be found here: https://www.amazon.com/Letters-Midia-Boluwatife-Oriowo-ebook/dp/B07XTLY3KZ

• Kyle Francisco

February 18, 2021 at 1:25 am

Hi, my name is Kyle and I am a writer. I was wondering if you would like to collaborate on this anthology?

• lintzlettering

February 9, 2021 at 12:55 am

Hi, I am Kevin Lintz.

I am a letterer.The kinds of stories I like include all genres except horror.

My goal in the next 1-3 years is to letter even more comics. Would love to get on board with a publisher.

Here is a link to lots of things that I lettered (https://lintzlettering.com/)

• Kyle Francisco

February 9, 2021 at 6:27 am

I know him, and he’s an awesome letterer. In fact, he has worked on many of my projects.

• Kyle Francisco

February 9, 2021 at 6:26 am

Hi, I am Kyle Francisco. I am an aspiring writer. I am looking to work with…[an entire creative team]. NEWThe kinds of stories I like include[horror, sci-fi, speculative fiction, and cop procedurals.].My goal in the next 1-3 years is to[self-publish my own comic, or successfully pitch a graphic novel to a publishing company.].Here is a link to something that I worked on with a creative team at a comic collective that I am a part of[https://www.artstation.com/artwork/v1PovA].

• mikedoestheart

Administrator
    February 9, 2021 at 7:19 am

My turn!Hi, I am Mike Ponce! I am a writer, artist, inker, colorist, letterer & editor(No, really :D).

I am looking to work with anyone looking for a letterer/editor, as I will be both writing and drawing multiple comics(hopefully!)this round.

The kinds of stories I like include horror, young adult, sci-fi, comedy, adventure/superhero… something where I can inject my particular style effectively into a story.

My goal in the next 1-3 years is to self-publish my own comics and create demand for continued comic illustration gigs using some of my styles.

Here is a link to some of my drawings – https://www.mikedoesart.com

I’ve attached an image from a Flash Fiction story I illustrated from last year’s Anthology(written by the amazing @thesurrealari )

I am also a member of the ‘Council of the Willing'(TM) here at CBS providing support as a forum moderator and tech guy — so if any new members are confused or need some guidance on where to post, hit me up!

• psysci

February 9, 2021 at 8:23 am
    make icon 70 Forum Points

Hi, I am Matthew Timpanelli.

I am something. And by that I mean I’m either not sure or I am a multimedia artist.
    I have done many things in the past from music, fine arts, digital design. Most recently writing an 8pg Challenge for the last anthology.

I am looking to work with someone like me.

I can totally mix it up with someone this time. I kind of did that for my last 8pg Challenge. I gave very specific art direction and lightly edited it. I also did a first pass of coloring. I could use someone who is stronger as an illustrator and doesn’t mind writing or whatever is needed.

The kinds of stories I like include the classics. I started out reading Spider-Man masterworks after being introduced to them from Mcfarlane’s Spider-Man and TNMT. Although I can appreciate a good superhero book, I am more of a indie comic guy. Love lowbrow stuff like Gary Panter’s “Jimbo” or Matt Howarth’s “Post Bros.”

My goal in the next 1-3 years is to continue to be productive. I don’t have any grand aspirations currently besides going back to having a table at cons. Perhaps joining a podcast or reviewing comics as well.

Parasomniac CBZ file As part of the anthology for 2020 PDF

<b style=”font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;”>

<b style=”font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;”>Here is an image or story that I Drew (thumbs from an unfinished project with script)

• thesurrealari

February 10, 2021 at 12:07 pm
    make icon 66 Forum Points

Hi, I am A. A. Rubin. I am a writer and editor looking to collaborate with artists for this anthology and for other projects.

I write across multiple mediums and genres, including prose and poetry in addition to comics. I served as the flash fiction editor for last year’s anthology, and will be co-edited this year’s book with @redheadeded , so if you have any questions relating to the project, please feel free to ask.

Over the next couple of year, I hope to complete a number of projects, both in comics and in my prose writer, and to take on more editing projects.

You can find links to my websites, projects, and social media by following my flopage: https://flow.page/aarubin.

For this year’s anthology, I am looking to collaborate artists who can draw in a number of “classic” comics styles, as the story I’m thinking about writing leans heavily on the “time” aspect of the prompt, and I’d like the art to reflect the time-shifts I plan to include.

• sebastianbonet

February 11, 2021 at 10:48 am

Hi, I am Sebastian Bonet. I am primarily an artist but I am also a writer looking to collaborate and making new connections.

My style is a manga/cartoon style. My body of work includes by self published title Dead Planet released in 2016 and work for Damnheros.com. I have also worked on the writing team for Drezen Media for Luckzilla #20 and designed the cover for Luckyzilla #11.

Some of my work can also be seen on the Nerds of the Round channel. I design the thumbnail illustrations.

You can find me on instagram @sebastianbonetart or on Youtube on The Nerds of the Round channel.

If you are looking for anime style illustrations or panels, I am your guy.

• MisterAnderSiN

February 13, 2021 at 10:28 pm

Hi, my name is Mister AnderSiN and I CREATE comics about FETISH, MONSTER and MORE. I am known as THE UNCANNY, UNBOXABLE, COMICS ADVOCATE who is a COMiX DEViL by Night and COMiX Fixer by Day. Allow me to TEMPT you with my Tales… I am a WRITER, LETTER, ADVOCATE, FIXER, STORY EDITOR, PROJECT MANAGER, ONLINE PERSONALITY, and CREATOR [writer, artist, inker, colorist, letterer, editor, etc.]

.I am looking to work with… Honestly EVERYONE and willing to help those in need

The kinds of stories I like include:: FETISH, MONSTER and MORE and the MORE KEEPS GROWING.

.My goal in the next 1-3 years is to

Get Terraform to be a Know Comic Book Industry Brand Name

Help Comic Book School usher in a new class of creators every year

CREATE, Create and CREATE and much as I can every day of my life

all my links found here http://www.ChainLinks.Site\
    Something New I Created outside of Comic Book School Challenge for TERRAFORM COMICS :https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/terraformcomics/enter-the-continuum

Here is an image to my story in the Continuum

• krisburgos

February 16, 2021 at 10:42 pm
    make icon 63 Forum Points

Hi all, my name is Kris Burgos.I’m a writer looking to work with an artist.

The kinds of stories I like include horror, sci-fi, fantasy, adventure… basically anything that lets me step out of this world.

Last year I published my first comic Runt, under my own label Tales Beyond, as well as had TWO stories published in the Comic Book School Anthology Panel One. My goal in the next 1-3 years is to build on that momentum by releasing enhanced editions of my anthology stories as well as expanding on them with another issue or 2 each. I also plan to release two more comics this year and hope to sell a combined 1000+ total comics between print and digital of all my titles in the next 3 years. (numbers do matter)

If you’d like to read my stuff, download the Panel One Anthology and read Teddies and Ragnarok Come.

Here’s a link to Tales Beyond where you can see more of my projects and upcoming releases.

Here’s a page from Teddies...

• Polygeekism

February 17, 2021 at 9:03 am

Hi, I am Kevin.
    I am a writer.

I am looking to work with artist’s primarily or even other writers to craft a story.
    The kinds of stories I like include sci-fi, superhero, action, and some more down to earch drama.

My goal in the next 1-3 years is to have a first draft novel, a completed 8pg comic(self drawn if need be), have a short film script of that same story and be working with more artists writing stories.
    Here is a link to something that I wrote. I followed the prompts from the last challenge to start working on my idea for a story that would fit well in an 8pg format. The idea could use some editing but this is the gist of it anyway. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zeAIPMrPgc1EJLVRfeQlwCtIDCGZwe-cnR5RWMxCqnI/edit?usp=sharing

Very new here to the forums but making an earnest effort to start working on my craft, and could use any experience to try an learn what I don’t know and where I need to focus my efforts.

Thanks.

• buddyscalera

Administrator
    February 18, 2021 at 7:01 am
    make icon 112 Forum Points

Great stuff, everyone. Here’s what you need to look at next:

Creative Prompt
    https://www.comicbookschool.com/creative-prompt-8-pg-challenge-2/

Step #1 – Story ideashttps://www.comicbookschool.com/step-1-create-story-idea-8-page-challenge-2/

• rakeemnelson

February 18, 2021 at 7:15 am

Hi, I am Rakeem Nelson. I am a writer with some lettering experience. I’m looking to work with artists, inkers, colorists, and editors alike! I like all stories but really enjoy horror and sci-fi. My goal is to create more work for the next 3 years to build my portfolio so I can freelance in the comic world.

• redheadeded

February 23, 2021 at 1:07 am
    make icon 68 Forum Points

Hey Guys,

This all looks great! Since we are trying to get more people experiance with in this Anthology, there is a limit to the number of enteries of each creator to 2 total pieces, (2 comics, |OR| 2 Flash Fiction, |OR| 1 comic & 1 Flash Fiction) I am interested to see who already has a team?

• Please let us know here on the forums and in your replies if you are definitely collaborating!

**Make sure you sign up you and your team so you are registered. We don’t wanna lose anyone who wants to participate. 😉 **

I am working on my own piece, but offered to help with a few pages for A. A. Rubin. If we need more people let’s get the link out for this page and these forums to invite more people to participate!

I am an artist, and storyteller, not a writer so to speak.. but as last years anthology editor, I’m available to help out if we have the need. Please feel free to reach out to Rob, Buddy, Ari or myself if you need help linking up with someone..

Looking forward to working with all of you!

D Alley, the Redheadeded

• jojabarker

March 27, 2021 at 11:49 am
    make icon 67 Forum Points

Hey y’all, I am Joel J. Barker, an artist who doubles as a writer. For the 2021 anthology I’m looking to work as a penciller for a writer, inker, colorist, letterer, editor, etc. i.e. a whole team due to my current technological restrictions. (My pencils will be analog, so when we reach that digitizing bridge I’ll be in great need of assistance!)

The kinds of stories I like to create include slice-of-life (THE LONELINESS OF THE LONG-DISTANCE CARTOONIST), space fantasy (SPACE-MULLET), and the most unlikely group of misfits who are tighter than their own blood relatives (KILL 6 BILLION DEMONS).

My goal in the next 1-3 years is to publish at least 1 of 2 stories inspired by my kids: A children’s picture book and an E rated comic book series like Amulet.

Here is a link to my current (pencils/sketches) portfolio https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13d-V6UG3om5oqairncA8R0O8rP1zk_V7?usp=sharing

Here is an “editorial” image that I wrote, drew, inked, and lettered.

• Christoff_RDGZ

April 28, 2021 at 5:40 pm
    make icon 15 Forum Points

Hello There!

This is Christoff from Spain, I’m a writer.

I would love to make my contribution to the anthology and that’s why I’m here 🙂

If you are an artist and looking for a collaborative and friendly writer to team with… Well, I’m your guy!

I have a couple of titles published quite ago by UK publishing house AAM/Markosia, but I’ve been scripting more recently (mainly short tales).

Below, is the cover for The Doomsday Machine: Weird Western #2 by Italian publishing house Leviathan Labs, where I have a short tale entitled “Infernal Outlaws”. It will be available next month (I think…)

Feel free to drop me a line anytime!

• LateNiteScholar

May 26, 2021 at 4:29 am
    make icon 18 Forum Points

<div>Hi, I am Emily.</div><div>

I am a writer.

I am looking to work with an artist.

NEW

The kinds of stories I like include all kinds of sci-fi & fantasy.

My goal in the next 1-3 years is to get some more things published.

Here is a link to something that I wrote: I helped collaborate on Under New Suns. https://www.yearbetween.com/volume-2

I’m a writer looking for an artist to collaborate on this project. I’m writing in the flash fiction and the story I’m planning will be a sci-fi piece, with a multiverse twist and revolving around a bar that has many names, but the staff refer to as ‘the Time ‘n Space Inn’, and how our protagonist comes to work there.

</div>

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now