Forums Forums Main Forum Comic Book Writing Competition – Ask Me Anything

• Comic Book Writing Competition – Ask Me Anything

Nahuel updated 1 week, 6 days ago 2 Members · 3 Posts
  • Nahuel

August 28, 2021 at 4:36 am
    make icon 20 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

Hi Friends,

I’m Nahuel! I’m new here :] so excited to be a part of this community. I’m an Argentinian comic book writer, noob artist, and co-founder of Negative Space Comics.

At Negative Space, we’re launching our first comic book writing competition. Submissions open on September 9th! Our mission is to create new pathways for talented comic book creators to receive mentorship to not only break into the industry, but thrive within it.

Check out our website: http://www.negativespacecomics.com

We can’t wait to read all of your incredible scripts. Feel free to spread the word.

I’m here to answer any questions you’ve got! Hit me with it.

• thesurrealari

September 1, 2021 at 7:14 pm
    make icon 59 Forum Points

Nahuel,

It’s great to have you aboard. Can you tell us a bit more about the competition?

• Nahuel

September 3, 2021 at 9:35 pm
      make icon 20 Forum Points

Definitely! Negative Space is the first-ever comic book writing competition where the winner receives one-on-one mentorship from industry professionals — publisher, agent, editors, writer, artist, etc.

We want to give emerging comic book writers a clear path into the industry, and mentoring is a huge step in that — make connections and grow your professional circle with some of the big names out there.

In our first competition, opening September 9, we are accepting 22-28 page original comic book scripts — so a single issue of your comic or 22-28 pages of your graphic novel. We are starting with a writing competition, but for the artists out there, we will have those coming up in the near future.

We are announcing our mentors next week, so if anyone wants to make sure they hear it first, they can sign up for our newsletter at http://www.negativespacecomics.com/newsletter

Let me know if you have any questions! I’m here to help get the word out and hopefully this is something that will help creators break in and thrive in the industry.

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now