Forums Forums Main Forum CBS NFT Profile for Open Sea – Lets make a community portfolio and sell our NFTs

• CBS NFT Profile for Open Sea – Lets make a community portfolio and sell our NFTs

Posted by vince on January 17, 2022 at 10:42 am

@mikedoestheart @buddyscalera @redheadeded @jarrod-elvin @krisburgos @comic-book-advocates-com @philipspace

Hello all,

Buddy’s suggestion for embarking on the NFT phenomenon is a great one, and its indeed early days, and trail blazing.. but, I put out the suggestion of investigating having a self-executing “Smart Contract” (a self executing indestructible application) coded especially for CBS.

Participating artists/writers<font face=”inherit”> would sell uploaded NFT artwork and comic related NFT materials – to the CENTRAL Comic Book School account on Open Sea *(or a </font>comparable<font face=”inherit”> NFT portal site that is equally as good).</font>

<font face=”inherit”>REASON: Exponential compounded audience my friends. ALL CBS affiliated artists and contributors, localised on the CBS account – using a “Smart Contract” to connect said artists with their crypto wallet info for NFT auctions/sales/drops. All our audiences, combined, managed by software code that is 100% safe, and distributes crypto sales and subsequent sales info back to participants equally, until the end of time.. I guess.</font>

<font face=”inherit”>Is it doable? Can we </font>implement<font face=”inherit”> through lengthy discussion and deliberation, a “Smart Contract” coded in the proper software (ex: Solidify) that will be immutable (non </font>corruptible<font face=”inherit”>) and handle multiple NFT artwork sales to individuals on ONE central CBS account? Jump in if you know the answer! 😉 </font>

<font face=”inherit”>Meanwhile, research and homework on what Smart Contracts can and CANNOT do is the next step. Open Sea has info on how to structure your smart contract here:</font>

https://docs.opensea.io/docs/1-structuring-your-smart-contract<font face=”inherit”>
    </font>

Also, watch this short YouTube video on how a basic Smart Contract is done :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4p1sdo3Rz4

What are NFTs and what is Open Sea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBN6B99Mzx4

I have included an info-graphic to lay out the simple bedrock idea of how our comic art community can submit to the central CBS Open Sea account – and with the backing of a community based discussion process, we draft a working constitution of what a participating artist/writer can expect when submitting content to be minted as comic art NFTs with Comic Book School’s Open Sea account. The working process towards this, must be transparent, and shared.

If this indeed doable, then the compounded audience created by ALL participating artists/writers will be potentially massive! – and thus result in revenue from your NFT postings!

Please comment, share, and fingers, toes, ears, and eyeballs crossed that we can craft a Smart Contract that can full-fill our needs!!

vince replied 8 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • mikedoestheart

Administrator
    January 24, 2022 at 5:13 am
    make icon Makes 6
    make icon 114 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: member icon Forum Scion

Hey Vince,

This granular look at how everyone would interact with the platform was a great help — much appreciated! Apologies for not jumping on this or your other message sooner — I’m neck deep in commission work for the next two months so I may be slow on the uptake.

I’m no expert, but in theory what you’ve suggested is exactly what Buddy and I have talked about in the weeks leading up to community involvement. It does seem feasible! I’d go further in saying that for us to properly understand the nuances associated with this sort of task, we should probably focus on the CBS team using one platform to begin with — i.e. OpenSea. If there’s coding involved for the creation of smart contracts (SmartCon), we’d be inviting a lot more factors & potential for issues/heartbreak if we immediately try to have the SmartCon divvy funds through mutliple different platforms. That’s my two cents, anyway.

Hope my rambling makes sense!

• vince

January 24, 2022 at 5:42 am
      make icon Makes 0
      make icon 24 Forum Points
      CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

Hey Mike – I’m also ploughing the field as I go too!

Skip the idea of a central CBS account with one wallet and then maybe Smart Contracts from all the NFT art, pointing towards our own wallets..that seems well, maybe impossible. I could be wrong. It also requires due diligence and trust in CBS to pay out our crypto sales, and manage all the Smart Contracts…which will honestly be a headache…

HOWEVER…I have joined some Smart Contract coder types off of Meetup.com to explore how deep the SmartCon can go, and do. Its exciting to learn this stuff.

I know I will be diving very deep into this pool.

As for platforms… I recommend Rarible instead…. Open Sea is indeed the “walmart” of NFTs…but minting fees are killer.

• vince

January 25, 2022 at 4:55 am
    make icon Makes 0
    make icon 24 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

Hey Mike, it looks like really fun stuff, and the whole backbone is about contracts. Cheers