Forums Forums Main Forum Book Club?

• Book Club?

jholder12 updated 3 months, 4 weeks ago 4 Members · 5 Posts
  • thesurrealari

May 8, 2021 at 3:55 am
    make icon 59 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

I want to gauge interest in a Comic Book School book club. We would choose a comic or graphic novel to read as group once a month, and set up a forum/video meet to discuss it.

The books we choose would all be available both in print and digitally, and they would all either be self-contained arcs or first volumes of a story so that everyone could come in on equal footing. Sometimes they would be by upcoming guests, sometimes they would be books that @buddyscalera wants us to look at for educational purposes, especially linked to specific challenge steps, and sometimes we would just pick books we thought were cool.

My local comics store has been doing something similar, and it’s been a great experience.

Respond here if you’d be interested in joining.

• Kyle Francisco

May 8, 2021 at 4:52 am
    make icon 20 Forum Points

I would be interested. I have a whole backlog that I need to start reading. Honestly, I really just need to start reading.

• buddyscalera

Administrator
    May 8, 2021 at 7:26 am
    make icon 104 Forum Points

I’m in!

• thesurrealari

May 19, 2021 at 7:33 pm
    make icon 59 Forum Points

Just posting again to signal boost. If you’re interested in joining the book club, please reply here. I’d like to start in June, if we have enough interest.

• jholder12

May 19, 2021 at 8:23 pm
      make icon 20 Forum Points

I’m interested. I’d like to do a mix of mainstream and indie books, and make sure we have a schedule that fits everyone.

Would it also make sense to read each of our own works, and then do some reviews if we liked them?

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now