Forums Forums Main Forum Back to the Movie Theater

• Back to the Movie Theater

james-mcgill updated 6 days, 9 hours ago 6 Members · 10 Posts
  • buddyscalera

Administrator
    July 2, 2021 at 5:11 pm
    make icon 109 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

Hey, all! I went to the movies last night for the first time since the start of the pandemic. My daughter and I caught F9: The Fast Saga.

No masks, since we are vaccinated. Nobody checked anything. It was all on the honor system. Some (not a lot) of social distancing.

The movie itself was a complete joy. Absolutely ridiculous, over-the-top, cartoon-inspired action movie. It is the ideal blockbuster to open theaters and enjoy the big screen. If you have enjoyed the first 8 of the Fast movies, you will undoubtly know how to turn off you logic brain and go along for the ride. Yes there is a “story” and some “dialog” to drive the movie, but that’s probably not the reason to go. This is all about the stunt driving and the all-star cast. If you like that sort of thing, then F9 will not disappoint.

We watched the preview for Black Widow and we are ready to go! It looks fantastic.

Have any of you returned to the theater yet? What movie will get you back into a theater?

• MisterAnderSiN

July 3, 2021 at 10:54 pm
    make icon 68 Forum Points

Not yet Jaxx being autistic keeps me having to schedule it but I do plan to for black widow

• curtis1

July 6, 2021 at 10:49 pm
    make icon 20 Forum Points

Action movies with tons of car chases are the best to see in the theater!

I have not gone back to the theater yet, but Dune will certainly get me back there.

• maryamsmarkers

July 7, 2021 at 7:29 pm
    make icon 71 Forum Points

Went to the actual theater! That’s great. I pondered on the idea to go see Black Widow, which comes out this Friday, July 9th but I am hesitant. I read an article of some theaters being overcome with bugs, and biting guest – bugs attacks movie chairs! That’s the next comicbook, I swear. Nevertheless, I do not need any new issues. I think I will stick it out a little longer, watching online.

• james-mcgill

July 8, 2021 at 1:45 am

I used to work at movie theater, so you couldn’t keep me away. I’ve already been to my local theater three times this in the last 6 months. I went and saw Nobody, Demon Slayer, and I’m going to go see Black widow next tuesday. I even went and saw The New Mutants when it came out during the pandemic.

I’m a risk taker. 😛

• george-dawkins-ii

July 13, 2021 at 9:08 am
    make icon 70 Forum Points

Saw Black Widow in IMAX last Saturday. The theater was pretty packed which was good to see. The movie was also pretty good and had a lot of action. It even came with a free comic book!

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now