Forums Forums Main Forum Army of the Dead (Netflix) No Spoilers

• Army of the Dead (Netflix) No Spoilers

Glen updated 2 weeks, 3 days ago 4 Members · 14 Posts
  • buddyscalera

Administrator
    May 23, 2021 at 8:26 am
    make icon 113 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

(No spoilers.) Absolutely loved the over-the-top Army of the Dead movie by Zach Snyder. Big action, big acting, awesome zombies.

Don’t think to hard about the plot. It’s a zombie apocalypse in Las Vegas. Just go with it.

I hope they make comic book spinoffs. I’d buy those. Better yet, I’d like to write them.

What do you guys think?

• This discussion was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by  buddyscalera.
  • Glen

May 24, 2021 at 7:05 am
    make icon 20 Forum Points

I think this would have blown my mind if I was like 13. I am little too jaded on Snyder to get into it.

• buddyscalera

Administrator
      May 25, 2021 at 4:26 am

My inner 13-year-old boy was entertained!

Was it that it was Zach Snyder, @Glen or the actual movie?

• Glen

May 25, 2021 at 5:29 am

Maybe both. To be honest. This wasn’t Zack at Snyderest and tuckered out on the whole zombie thing. This was best version of the evolving zombie though.

• Glen

May 29, 2021 at 7:19 am

I am finally watching Train To Buson and it blows Army of the Dead out of the water. Completely.

• buddyscalera

Administrator
          May 29, 2021 at 8:10 am

Yes. It is a great movie. It’s not just a great zombie movie, it is truly a great movie @Glen

• Glen

May 29, 2021 at 10:17 pm

Considering Hoist and Oldboy, it’s funny how Korean Movie sneak up on you.

• mikedoestheart

Administrator
    May 24, 2021 at 8:49 pm

I think i’m going to give it a go this week and take some time out for it. I haven’t been on Zombie-related stuff in quite a while, so this could be a nice reintroduction to the genre. I’m at the point where the content needs to be in the Zombieland range of entertainment, and I think this gives me kind of those vibes but with more bombastic action(and one liners I’m SURE).

@buddyscalera have you written anything zombie-related to date?

• XanderXero

May 24, 2021 at 9:18 pm
    make icon 19 Forum Points

i usually love dumb movies. case in point: i will watch all the Fast and The Furious movies. but for some reason i kept rolling my eyes with all the cliches on this movie. and i kept saying “good! you should just die cuz you’re dumb”. i find myself saying that over and over too when i used to watch The Walking Dead. Maybe im just over the whole zombie trope thing and how everyone seems to act dumb in it. Or maybe it’s because i finished it at 3am and I’m supposed to wake up at 5am to run (i didn’t). The women are so pretty though i feel my face fluster whenever there’s an extreme close up of them.

I guess it would be fin if youre a little high and buzzed and was watching it with friends so you can scream at the screen together.

• buddyscalera

Administrator
      May 25, 2021 at 4:25 am

If you want a movie to be logical, @XanderXero you may not want to start with zombies or anything by Zach Snyder. Both are pure escapism. 😀

There were some eye-rolling moments, but we let them slide for the greater good of our entertainment.

• XanderXero

May 25, 2021 at 9:10 am

😆 you’re right. imagine a world though where daughters from a zombie movie actually listens to their bad ass fathers. or weak, inexperienced mothers actually say “hm. you know what? i have no business going into a town of zombies. i never killed anything in my life. i’ll just stay here with my daughters”.

maybe we should make a movie like that. make me act in it, Buddy… but this time, don’t kill the asian like they did with Glenn

• buddyscalera

Administrator
          May 26, 2021 at 9:09 pm

After they killed Glenn in such a meanspirited way, I was done with TWD. That pushed it over the edge for me. @XanderXero

• XanderXero

May 28, 2021 at 3:46 am

i think i stayed on for a season (or two at most) after Glenn died… i quit when Negan didn’t die and it felt like evil was winning

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now