Forums Forums Crypto & NFT Forums Main Forum | NFTs & Crypto Club A look at our NFT drop progress

• A look at our NFT drop progress

Posted by mikedoestheart on February 17, 2022 at 8:16 am

Hey everyone! It’s your resident lurker Mike here — I’ve been (very fortunately) very truly inundated with both commission work as well as with a bout of pneumonia to round out the month, so please bear with my lateness in providing progress updates on our concepts.

Below I am attaching a low-res look at the NFT trading card idea we Buddy was developing behind the scenes — I made a catch-all template and have been editing some of the reference photography Buddy has been kind enough to license out for our efforts. some of the poses or backgrounds require a bit of photo editing to fit the frame, but this is what i’ve come up with. Hope y’all dig!

@Vince @kpei137 @aesthetic-derelict @izmoney10000 @buddyscalera

redheadeded replied 4 months, 2 weeks ago 4 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • videogamingtalkblog

February 17, 2022 at 7:46 pm
    make icon Makes 6
    make icon 123 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

that’s awesome!! do you have an idea of what the back would look like? would there be any stats or would it just be a logo similar to what most if not all trading cards have that aren’t sports cards? Also what software do you use? I have some ideas for something like this.

• mikedoestheart

Administrator
    February 17, 2022 at 10:45 pm
    make icon Makes 6
    make icon 114 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: member icon Forum Scion

Thanks Kevin! What I’m trying to do is have the back of the cards in each series coming together to form a picture — I’m thinking of a character shot from one of our stories — kind of a fun easter egg.

I’m using Affinity Designer, which is basically Adobe In Design. But i can export the files to a PSD so everyone can tinker and see how it’s built.

• videogamingtalkblog

February 17, 2022 at 10:50 pm
    make icon Makes 6
    make icon 123 Forum Points

Nice, guess I need to find a way to get photoshop or adobe creative suite so I can tinker with these cards or make some of my own

• mikedoestheart

Administrator
      February 21, 2022 at 9:28 pm
      make icon Makes 6

you can get clip studio paint for free as it reads psd files. i use clip studio 75% of the time professionally

• redheadeded

Administrator
      February 22, 2022 at 9:04 am
      make icon Makes 6
      make icon 68 Forum Points

Also Affinity is a set price much cheaper than Adobe for hobbists and dabblers, they have an option for each Adobe Creative product I think. Usually 50-60 dollar range. So that’s an option.

• buddyscalera

Administrator
    February 20, 2022 at 10:39 pm
    make icon Makes 8
    make icon 97 Forum Points

Amazing things are coming soon for our community. The designs by @mikedoestheart is just a hint at the fun we’re going to have together.

• redheadeded

Administrator
    February 22, 2022 at 9:09 am
    make icon Makes 6

@mikedoestheart

I am so sorry to hear you had pneumonia, dude that sucks. But I am happy you have work coming in.. so Boo and Hooray?

The cards look cool. I like the overall texture and branding in the borders and type layout.
    – If I am completely honest, I am not a fan of the knockout/white outline logo because it’s hard to read, but I get that it’s not all about CBS on this one.

Let me know if you are up for critque, either way man your work continues to be awesomesauce, thanks for spearheading this and keeping us all in the loop. πŸ˜‰

D. Alley, the RedheadedEd.

• mikedoestheart

Administrator
      March 2, 2022 at 10:26 am
      make icon Makes 6

Hey Dee,

You’re right about the outline logo – it’s not going to read well at all! That’s something I should be able to address soon. I could probably soften the value of the colors as well to more closely match those marvel trading cards from the mid-nineties with their muted greys and yellows.

• mikedoestheart

Administrator
    March 3, 2022 at 11:21 am
    make icon Makes 6

Adding another iteration of the NFT template as I find more time to tinker. @redheadeded – let me know if this is an improvement!

• redheadeded

Administrator
      March 9, 2022 at 5:56 am
      make icon Makes 6

@mikedoestheart Totally!

Thanks for tagging me in the update! I hope you are feeling better, and it is awesome that you can do these. πŸ˜‰

Only two comments:
      Is the Green-to-Yellow outline there for a reason? Are there going to be different ‘levels’ or “catagories” of cards where this is important? If not, the graident of that color into green may be a bit distracting. Nit picky in my opinion.
      I am not a fan of the orange dropshadow under the name of the card in the lower right text, is there another option that would help make that pop? A black shadow or just a blur?

But dude these are seriously cool. I love the logo knockout underneath the figure and the type shapes that you added with the cut corners to make it look more dynamic and like a real old school trading card. Just so Cool. πŸ™‚

D. Alley, the RedheadedEd.

• mikedoestheart

Administrator
        March 9, 2022 at 12:50 pm
        make icon Makes 6

thanks for the feedback!

the yellow-to-green was going to be used to differentiate between different series of photos.

The orange dropshadow can be dropped – i agree that it may be a bit too much as well! Hopefully it does elicit a 90’s trading card aesthetic. More to come!