Forums Forums 8-Page Challenge #1 for NYCC 2020 (COMPLETED) #8PgChallenge – STEP 4 – Character Design Sheets

• jarrod-elvin

May 12, 2020 at 1:51 pm
    make icon 70 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

Hi everyone!
    Here are my characters’ rough model sheets and expression sheets I made to the specifications of the assignment.
    Hope you like!
    -Jarrod.

• jarrod-elvin

May 12, 2020 at 1:52 pm

Hi everyone!
    Here are my characters’ rough model sheets and expression sheets I made to the specifications of the assignment.
    Hope you like!
    -Jarrod.

Sorry for my double post, I hit the submit button twice

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  jarrod-elvin. Reason: Double
  • mrkylerose

May 15, 2020 at 11:16 am

Hey everyone,

Here are the preliminary character designs for my protagonist and antagonist. To give a little context Abigail is from a contemporary timeframe and Officer Rob is from a future timeline. Also, the colors are more stylized to help me feel out the sense of contrast in the costuming. They will be recolored for the final designs.

I’d love to hear any and all feedback.

Thanks,

—Kyle

• mikedoestheart

Administrator
    May 17, 2020 at 9:35 am

Hey Everyone!

Throwing my hat in the ring here with my concepts for Kris Burgos’ ‘Teddies’story. I had several productive conversations regarding his story and took the opportunity to render some of the characters from his first ‘Teddies’ story to get familiar with the aesthetic.

The first concept sheet includes Alexander, the Teddy that went missing while protecting his master, Eric(3rd concept page) from monsters. I wanted to make sure there was clear distinction between him and the Mikey, his son and (reluctant)hero. Chucklez, Mikey’s first fight in this story, is a Teddy with a psychotic streak. Background information detailed his character coming from Vietnam, so I took some liberties in trying to find an accessory for him. We ultimately decided on dog tags which i’ll be including in the story overall. The 2nd page was my shot at the aesthetic of Nightmare World, where Kris’ story will take place. I took this as an opportunity to confirm that I was comfortable with some of the shapes of the tents and some of the tones of how nightmare world will affect things. I can’t wait to draw the carnival in this story! The 3rd page includes my take on Eric, the boy who needs protecting, as well as a few killer clowns. I feel like I definitely missed the mark on the clowns while trying to be super creative. I’m going to continue with a final design for Chucklez as well as the clowns and Mikey’s weapon(the sword was a placeholder) before feeling comfortable with starting layouts.

• david-shear

May 17, 2020 at 9:03 pm
    make icon 20 Forum Points

Hey here are the character designs for:
    Hana, The Elf Tavernkeeper
    Kei, the rogue Human warrior
    and Merle, the Halfling, and The Orc barbarians.

• jarrod-elvin

May 24, 2020 at 8:59 am

I see there are some more awesome designs up now! Great work! 😀
    Here are my final model sheets

• jarrod-elvin

May 24, 2020 at 9:03 am

…And here are my final expression sheets!

• john-ashton-golden

May 25, 2020 at 2:47 am

I’m a little behind the eight-ball due to some other freelance work and a short-term location shoot, but wanted to share these designs here.

PLEASE NOTE! THESE ARE NOT MY FINAL DESIGNS!

These are the seminal designs from when I first created the “Robby Beyond” concept (as well as some others I’ve done over the years). For the most part, I feel like I nailed it way back when, and now it’s just a matter of solidifying the designs and drawing them consistently in my style today for the turnarounds, which I am currently working on. Anyway, just wanted to share these artifacts with you guys, so you can see the whole evolution. Hope you dig em’!

• george-dawkins-ii

May 25, 2020 at 6:56 am

Final Character Designs for Lavatasha & Black Ice by @philipspace

• david-shear

May 25, 2020 at 10:24 pm

Final designs with color schemes

• bluepen

May 28, 2020 at 3:45 am

Few character sketches

RESPECT
    Written by Todd Matthy
    Art by Roderic Rodriguez

• bluepen

May 28, 2020 at 9:39 am

RESPECT (Character Sheet)
    Written by Todd Matthy
    Art by Roderic Rodriguez

• bluepen

May 28, 2020 at 11:38 am

with colors

• john-ashton-golden

May 31, 2020 at 1:19 am

I’m still playing catch-up while I hammer out a looming deadline, but I did mockup this height chart using some previous designs, and figured I’d share. I think Bi-Do could be a touch larger but generally this feels right.

• philipspace

August 3, 2020 at 10:48 pm
    make icon 69 Forum Points

I’m throwing this one in here bc the color scheme for this character was the one that I fretted over the most. I just picked up a drawing tablet last month, so digital colors (really, colors in general) are fairly new to me.

I liked the purple hair, my younger daughter liked the blue, while my wife and elder daughter picked green. I’m happy to take feedback on this, but again, be gentle, I’m a novice when it comes to colors.

• john-ashton-golden

September 14, 2020 at 1:15 am

A quick rough template for the relatively generic baddies getting their butts whalloped in my story. Lots of fun room for variation on the theme.

Viewing 21 - 36 of 36 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now