• Christoff_RDGZ

April 29, 2021 at 8:43 pm
    make icon 14 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

Hello guys, I hope that everybody is alright.

Here’s my (more or less) 300 words pitch… It was fun to write it, so I hope you’ll enjoy it 🙂

Cheers!

Bulk Riff

The Time Inn used to be the most popular interdimensional lodge a few eons ago, but things drastically changed after the Pocket Hostel was released. The across dimension travelers didn’t need to address this large old-school establishment anymore and benefit from its reputed facilities. So, progressively, its golden days started to fade, up to a point where the whole complex was auctioned almost for free.

After millennia of inattention, the place was in pretty bad shape but somehow preserved the structure once it gave it a vast fame. In the end, places like this are difficult to erase, even from the most ephemeral memory.

Suddenly, rumors of a new management started to spread all across universes and dimensions about a new administration that took over the abandoned place and different gossip fonts mentioned Ethos Principal as its new manager. A cosmic lord known by his old-fashioned policies.

Stubborn in making this place huge again, Ethos came up with a plan, to create a calendar of major events that could bring back the attention of potential guests and also gain the interest of investors and sponsors. For that, he designed a sublime music festival, a cosmic massive gathering. Nobody really knows where he did get that crazy idea and some accused him of lack of imagination, but he’s a beast of his own time.

So, invitations were dispatched and famous groups showed great attention to the venue. Popular bands such as -Reverberate Flaps- confirmed their assistance, celebrities like the -Numina Kids- gave their approval to the initiative and -Other-Worldly Channel- was confirmed as the exclusive media partner.

But, uninvited, -The Turmoil Pliers-, the most hardcore band at this corner of the creation felt left behind and his leader, Stolid -Heatproof- Helmet will do whatever it takes to snake in and steal the show…

• thesurrealari

April 30, 2021 at 6:06 pm
    make icon 16 Forum Points

You have a nice concept here. I am interested in how you are going to frame this to fit it within the 1000-word limit. I would consider POV, where you are going to start the story, and where–and how–you are going to drop the backstory.

• Christoff_RDGZ

May 1, 2021 at 2:54 pm

Hello A.A.

Thanks for your kind words! Well, yeah, I was thinking about going into -Heatproof- head and his little plan to crash the festival, as an starting point, ha-ha! ⚡🎸⚡

• Christoff_RDGZ

May 11, 2021 at 12:31 am

Hello A.A.

I’m sorry I took me so long to asnwer you about this, but here it is. I managed to outline it in less than a half of those 1.000 words 😀

Let me know what do you think, when possible.

Cheers!

OUTLINE

Page One

At one of the biggest cosmic arenas in the universe a massive concert has just ended, but the audience is asking for more. At the dressing room the members of the band are relaxing while their leader switch on the TV to check on the news to see if the specialized media, Other-Worldly Channel, says something about their performance.

Page Two

On the TV a reporter is interviewing Ethos Principal about this new super event that’s going to take place very soon at The Time Inn. He briefly reveals his ambitious plan to relaunch this iconic place, mentioning the different joint ventures and partnerships he is counting with.

Page Three

Suddenly, the band manager breaks in the dressing room and starts to scream. Even though, the concert was great, The Turmoil Pliers are not selling enough records to afford their expense train anymore and they desperate need some MK campaign to bring in new audiences. Their leader, Heatproof Helmet might have an idea.

Page Four

Heatproof suggest they should be part of this upcoming stelar event at The Time Inn, but before he can go further with his idea, the band manager stops him arguing that it is impossible for them to take part of such an exclusive event. Furthermore, the event is taking place at the other side of the cosmos.

Page Five

Stubborn about his idea, Heatproof convinces his band to sneak into the concert premises and steal a spot during the rehearsals. It is a risky but doable plan, especially because the band has nothing to lose. The bills stack of bills hasn’t stop to grow and they are in a quite desperate position.

Page Six

The Turmoil Pliers need to cross several sites in the universe first, at the time the concert is taking place, but they know they might have a chance if they can get to the place before the third day of concert, so they start the long trip. They keep an eye over the series of concerts by checking on the Numina Kids posts and that’s how they know Reverberate Flaps opened the festival.

Page Seven

On the third day, some unexpected issues are communicated to Mr. Principal, after two days of non-stop concerts, many of the artists are in non-condition to perform due to the countless excesses and party. This is something Ethos never thought off and he needs a last-minute solution. Just when the audience can’t stand more wait, something incredible happen.

Page Eight

Making their way to the scenario as they were a rugby team, Heatproof and his mates made the scenario their own and starts rocking the place down. Delighted by this unexpected turn of events, Ethos gives instructions to security for allowing The Turmoil Pliers to perform. At the very same time, he receives a business card out of a sudden by the band manager.

• thesurrealari

May 11, 2021 at 8:28 am

Christoff,

I think you may have misunderstood the challenge. The flash fiction is for a single piece of prose flash fiction that runs up to 1000 words. In print, each story will either be 4 or 2 pages. The “8 page challenge” is the comics challenge, and comprises 8 pages of sequential art.

Sorry for the confusion.

• Christoff_RDGZ

May 11, 2021 at 10:47 am

Hello A.A.

Holy cow! What a dummy.!

Yeah, indeed I mixed both… I took the Flash Fiction Stories as the previous step for the Comic Stories, both as parts of The 8 Page Challenge.

When you mentioned the 1.000 words, since I chose Option #1 on the Flash Fiction, I thought the pages plotting shouldn’t exceed that count… 😅

Many thanks for clarifiy this for me.

Cheers!

• thesurrealari

June 2, 2021 at 12:24 am

@buddyscalera
    has made a partnership with an art school in Buenos Aires that will provide us with illustrators. The need at least a finished draft, though bc they need to get the work translated for their students. Will you have a draft finishined by the end of the week?

• Christoff_RDGZ

June 2, 2021 at 5:28 pm

Hello A.A.

That sounds awesome! I already have an 8 page draft, but for a space jailbreak story. I could send it to you via email, so you can take a look at it and let me know what you think. I could, eventually, script this other story too… in the case you like this one more than the space jailbreak’s.

Now, regarding the art school in Buenos Aires… Well, I’m native in Spanish so if I can be of any assistance regarding translations or whatever, count with me!

Cheers!

• Christoff_RDGZ

June 4, 2021 at 8:06 pm

Hello again A.A.

I hope that everything is alright.

Well, at the very end, I wrote the first script too… So, I can deliver both drafts right now. Wichever is liked the most, will be the the right one.

Cheers,

-Christoff

• thesurrealari

June 6, 2021 at 11:50 pm

We need a story that is 1000 words of prose or fewer. That translates into approximately 4 pages, double-spaced or 2 single-space, at 10-11 point font for most fonts.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now