Forums Forums 8-Page Challenge #1 for NYCC 2020 (COMPLETED) #8PgChallenge – STEP 5 – Scripting Reply To: #8PgChallenge – STEP 5 – Scripting

• krisburgos

May 9, 2020 at 8:54 am

@gdawkins2 Hey! Just finished reading your script, it’s a tight read, though I feel it’s a little too tight. I see that majority of your pages have 1 or 2 panels, and I think one of your pages doesn’t even have description to it, it’s just the dialogue. Unless you’ve already discussed with your artist that they’re gonna have to do most of the legwork, like the old school marvel way based on your plotting, there’s not enough description for the artist to work with. And I can tell you, if you are planning on single or 2 panel pages, it’ll make your story feel less like a comic book and more like a storybook. The cool thing about comics is that they have multiple panels conveying multiple actions, which I know you want in your story. Storybooks are more static single pictures working off some pages of text. And too many splash pages (single panel pages) feel like a storybook. Don’t be afraid to flesh out the script a little to give the artist some direction, because without it, your artist could surprise you and give you something completely opposite of what you actually want. Good luck!