• izmoney10000

November 3, 2021 at 6:25 am
    make icon 18 Forum Points
    CBS Forum Member: Forum Acolyte

I have a problem with:

” A LONG TERM, ACTIONABLE PLAN TO ADDRESS THE OVERALL LACK OF DIVERSITY IN BOTH GENERAL STAFF AND MANAGEMENT. THE AUTHORS, ARTISTS, AND READERS WHO BRING COMICS TO LIFE HAVE NEVER BEEN HOMOGENOUS AND THE STORIES WE PUBLISH CAN ONLY BE IMPROVED BY STAFFING OUR ORGANIZATION IN A WAY THAT MORE ACCURATELY REFLECTS THE DEMOGRAPHICS OF OUR CREATORS, OUR READERSHIP, AND THE NATION AS A WHOLE.

RENEWED COMMITMENT TO COMPANY VALUES THROUGH THE ADDITION OF A COLLECTIVE VOTING OPTION TO IMMEDIATELY CANCEL PUBLICATION OF ANY TITLE WHOSE CREATOR(S) HAVE BEEN FOUND TO HAVE ENGAGED IN ABUSE, SEXUAL ASSAULT, RACISM AND XENOPHOBIA, HOMOPHOBIA, TRANSPHOBIA, ANTI-SEMITISM, ISLAMOPHOBIA, ABLEISM, ETC. UNTIL SUCH TIME AS SAID CREATORS HAVE ENGAGED IN MEANINGFUL REPARATIONS TOWARD AFFECTED PERSON(S).”

This is not the direction that the average comic book reader wants. I own multiple stores, I have had a decline in sales over the last several years because of this Social Justice baloney. Comics are Fantasy escapism for young readers and adults the number of SJW’s that actually buy comics every Wednesday are far and few between.

This is a bunch of non- comic readers that want to kill the industry. They get into the industry as a gateway to Hollywood.